[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

Alchemy Mindworks alchemy8147 at mindworkshop.com
Sat May 10 09:05:34 EDT 2014

     Contents:

     1. Announcing Graphic Workshop Professional 5

     2. The Ultimate Screen Clock 4 Patch 20 (Second Notification)

     3. VERY IMPORTANT: Site News (Second Notification)

     4. Replying to this Message and List Removal

     Alchemy - since the world was flat.

         http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/theorder.html

     1. Announcing Graphic Workshop Professional 5

     Graphic Workshop Professional 5 has been released.

     We've refined the internal architecture of Graphic Workshop
     Professional to make it faster, more memory-efficient and better able
     to take advantage of the functionality of Windows 7 and Windows 8.

     While most of the seriously cool changes embodied in Graphic Workshop
     Professional 5 are "under the hood," users of the latest release will
     notice that it's noticeable quicker, especially for functions that call
     for significant system resources, such as thumbnail management.

     The updated architecture will also allow us to add new features to
     Graphic Workshop that were impractical or genuinely impossible under
     version 4.

     WHAT'S NEW

     This release features some visible changes as well:

     - Graphic Workshop Professional 5 now includes e-Paint UltraLight, a
       simplified version of our popular painting and digital darkroom
       application.

     - The Crop window has been refined, with a better user interface and
       the addition of a Properties window to allow the crop dimensions to
       be set numerically.

     - The aforementioned thumbnail manager for Graphic Workshop's browser
       windows is considerably quicker.

     - Most of the graphic file format readers are significantly faster.

     - Graphic Workshop requires less memory to run, which will make it
       and anything else running under Windows quite  bit speedier,
       especially on systems with limited system resources.

     Please see the discussion of version 5 enhancements at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.info/gif-construction-set/v5-upgrades/

     You can Graphic Workshop Professional 5 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download

     UPGRADES

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
     Professional 4 on or after May 1, 2013, you’re welcome to a free
     upgrade to Graphic Workshop Professional 5.

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
     Professional 4 prior to after May 1, 2013, you can upgrade to Graphic
     Workshop Professional 5 for half the cost of a new single-user license.

     When you first run Graphic Workshop Professional 5, it will check to see
     if you have a registration for Graphic Workshop Professional 4 on your
     system. If it finds one, it will display a window to tell you which of
     the foregoing upgrade options is applicable. Click on the Upgrade button
     to visit our web page and request or order an upgrade.

     The upgrade window can subsequently be accessed through the Help >
     Upgrade Manager > Upgrade from Previous Version item of Graphic Workshop
     Professional 5's menu bar.

     You can also visit the no-cost upgrade page directly at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwskey.html

     and the upgrade order page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     PLUGINS

     Almost all the format plugins for Graphic Workshop Professional have
     been upgraded to run with Graphic Workshop Professional 5 - the
     exception is the JPEG 2000 plugin, which will probably be a few days
     getting through the pipe.

     If you have registered the RAW Digital Camera plugin for a previous
     release of Graphic Workshop, your existing registration key is still
     valid. You'll just need to download the version 5 installer for this
     plugin.

     All the Graphic Workshop plugins are at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwsplugins.html

     2. The Ultimate Screen Clock 4 Patch 20 (Second Notification)

     This release of The Ultimate Screen Clock 4:

     - Adds several intense new animated digital clock styles - be sure to
       experience Quark, Quark Outline and Vapor Lock. These styles are
       available in two sizes — the Large size may not be suitable for
       systems with slower processors or restricted resources.

       Note that the Quark styles may cause you to become unstuck in the
       matrix of space-time and coalesce in an altered reality if you look
       at them for extended periods. Just thought you'd want to know that.

     - Fine-tunes the metrics for a number of clock styles.

     - Addresses several issues in the World Time at a Glance window.
       Middle-click in the Ultimate Screen Clock's application window to
       experience this feature, should it have hitherto eluded your notice.

     - Improves the performance of the clock rendering engine.

     - Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues.

     - Addresses some Windows 7 and Windows 8 issues.

     The Ultimate Screen Clock 4 is available for download at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/clock.html

     If you'd like to see a gallery of the current clock styles that ship
     with The Ultimate Screen Clock 4, please visit:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/clockstyles.html

     As of this writing, if you're still using The Ultimate Screen Clock 2,
     you can upgrade to the new version 4 software for half price. Please see

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     to upgrade.

     being blocked.

     Chances are that you're missing more than just the latest news about
     Graphic Workshop - it's hard to know when you're not getting mail.

     We've become aware that there's a new and unusually aggressive
     blacklist turning up on a number of large commercial mail servers, and
     it appears to be pretty indiscriminate about what it blocks. Thus far,
     we've had questionable success at being removed from it.

     We've undertaken some considerable stealth and treachery to allow this
     week's posting to sneak around it.

     If you suspect your mail is being blocked, consider contacting your
     ISP or mail provider and request that you be allowed to opt out of
     their anti-spam solution.

     Should you discover that you've been beset by this issue, we recommend
     that you check out our blog-posting on the subject:

        http://www.mindworkshop.info/alchemy-mindworks/about-your-e-mail/

     Please refrain from throwing stuff.

     This posting has been brought to you by our newly installed mailing-list
     management software. It has a wealth of new features - in addition to
     subscribing to the list, it will assist you with:

     - Unsubscribing from the list - it would be an embarrassingly lame
       list manager if it couldn't do this.

     - Changing your e-mail address in the mailing list database.

     - Reviewing the archive of previous postings. Admittedly, the archive
       doesn't go back very far as of this writing. If you've missed the
       last few weeks worth of postings, however, they're still available.

     You can access the mailing list's page from our web site - click on
     Support, and then on the E-mail Update List link. You can go directly
     to the mailing list page with this link, should you be feeling
     adventurous:

     We should note that the mailing list page is due for some interior
     decorating in the near future so it looks like the rest of our web
     site. Don't be alarmed by the weird furniture or the painting of
     dogs playing poker.

     In the event that you encounter any problems with the mailing list,
     please let us know at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html

     4. Replying to this Message and List Removal
     address, please visit our web page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html

     and unsubscribe from the list.

     If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
     products, please contact us at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html

     Please note that instructions to the mailing list cannot be processed
     at the above page.