[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

Alchemy Mindworks alchemy8147 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Jul 12 09:48:12 EDT 2014

     Contents:

     1. Graphic Workshop Professional 5 Revision 3

     2. Announcing Font Wrangler 5 (Second Notification)

     3. IT'S BACK AGAIN! For a REALLY, REALLY Limited Time,
                         Bookware Registration with e-Books

     4. 10 Breathtaking Tweets about Graphic Workshop. (Second Notification)

     5. We Now Accept Discover Cards

     6. Replying to this Message and List Removal

     Be witchy - transmute an e-book into free software.

         http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/coven.html

     (Check out item 3, later in this post.)

     1. Graphic Workshop Professional 5 Revision 3

     Graphic Workshop Professional 5 has been updated. This release:

     - Adds two new capture modes to the Graphic Workshop Camera screen
       capture application.

       Highlight Active Window will capture your entire screen as a
       de-saturated image with the active window included as a normal
       graphic.

       Manual Selection will allow you to specify which portion of your
       screen to capture by drawing a crop rectangle around it.

       See the discussion of Screen Capture in the Graphic Workshop
       Manual for more about this.

     - Addresses several performance and user interface issues in Graphic
       Workshop Camera.

     - Fixes a problem that caused the Windows task bar to refuse to unhide
       if Graphic Workshop was the active application and it was maximized,
       under some builds of Windows, if there was a unicorn or other
       mythical quadruped in the immediate proximity... some of the time.

       This problem also prevented the Show Desktop button in the task bar
       from operating correctly, as well as several additional task bar-
       related functions.

       It's history now.

     - Adds a Keep Both option to the Overwrite File prompt window. If you
       enable this option when Graphic Workshop asks you to confirm
       overwriting and existing file, your new file will be written with a
       number appended to its name, to resolve the file collision.

       The Keep Both option includes an Apply to Rest of Batch switch, to
       apply it to multiple graphics without any further clicking.

       See the discussion of the Prompt Before Overwrite option in the
       Graphic Workshop Manual for more about this.

     - The opening banner in e-Paint UltraLight has been fixed so it
       appears the first time the application opens, and then never again.
       Under some builds of Windows, it used to pop up every time e-Paint
       UltraLight started... definitely not what it was intended to do.

     - Fixes a minor inconsistency in View mode, which could leave the
       setting of the Zoom button in the lower right corner of the View
       window in a state of uncertainty after using the Filters window,
       such that it had to be clicked on twice to zoom correctly.

       Hands up everyone who knew that clicking on the area in the lower
       right corner of the View window - between the scroll bars - toggles
       the Zoom mode.

     - Fixes a number of issues that appeared during the upgrade to
       version 5.

     - Updates the documentation.

     Please visit:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download

     to download Graphic Workshop Professional 5.

     UPGRADES

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
     Professional 4 on or after May 1, 2013, you’re welcome to a free
     upgrade to Graphic Workshop Professional 5.

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
     Professional 4 prior to May 1, 2013, you can upgrade to Graphic
     Workshop Professional 5 for half the cost of a new single-user license.

     When you first run Graphic Workshop Professional 5, it will check to see
     if you have a registration for Graphic Workshop Professional 4 on your
     system. If it finds one, it will display a window to tell you which of
     the foregoing upgrade options is applicable. Click on the Upgrade button
     to visit our web page and request or order an upgrade.

     The upgrade window can subsequently be accessed through the Help >
     Upgrade Manager > Upgrade from Previous Version item of Graphic Workshop
     Professional 5's menu bar.

     You can also visit the no-cost upgrade page directly at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwskey.html

     and the upgrade order page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     2. Announcing Font Wrangler 5 (Second Notification)

     Font Wrangler 5 has been released.

     We've refined the internal architecture of Font Wrangler to make it
     faster, more memory-efficient and better able to take advantage of the
     functionality of Windows 7 and Windows 8.

     While most of the seriously cool changes embodied in Font Wrangler 5
     are "under the hood," users of the latest release will find that it's
     noticeable quicker, especially for functions that call for significant
     system resources.

     The updated architecture will also allow us to add new features to
     Font Wrangler that were impractical or genuinely impossible under
     version 4.

     WHAT'S NEW

     This release:

     - Improves the TrueType/OpenType Font construction logic, to allow for
       changing the typeface names of a wider range of marginal font files.

     - Improves the font collision detection logic, for installing and
       uninstalling fonts.

     - Addresses a number of user-interface issues.

     - Updates the hard-copy "font sheet" generator.

     - Font Wrangler requires less memory to run, which will
       make it and anything else running under Windows quite a bit
       speedier, especially on systems with limited system resources.

     Please see the discussion of version 5 enhancements at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.info/gif-construction-set/v5-upgrades/

     You can download Font Wrangler 5 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/fontrang.html#download

     UPGRADES

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Font Wrangler 4 on or
     after July 1, 2013, you’re welcome to a free upgrade to Font Wrangler 5.

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Font Wrangler 4 prior
     to July 1, 2013, you can upgrade to Font Wrangler 5 for half the cost
     of a new single-user license.

     When you first run Font Wrangler 5, it will check to see if you have a
     registration for Font Wrangler 4 on your system. If it finds one, it
     will display a window to tell you which of the foregoing upgrade
     options is applicable. Click on the Upgrade button to visit our web
     page and request or order an upgrade.

     The upgrade window can subsequently be accessed through the Font
     Wrangler Help -> Upgrade Manager -> Upgrade from Previous Version menu
     item.

     You can also visit the no-cost upgrade page directly at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/fntkey.html

     and the upgrade order page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     3. IT'S BACK AGAIN! For a REALLY, REALLY Limited Time,
                         Bookware Registration with e-Books

     We've received a substantial number of requests of late to accept the
     purchase of the e-book editions of Steven William Rimmer's novels
     as bookware registrations for Pagan Daybook, The Ultimate Screen Clock,
     Font Wrangler and Calendar Wizard.

     We've also received several messages of regret from readers who missed
     this offer the first few times it ran, several few months ago.

     We've decided to give it another shot, and this time, the bookware
     registration options include all of Steve's books.

     Please see:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/ebookware.html

     for the complete tale.

     Be sure to read the entire page before you start clicking on stuff.

     Note that this offer will turn to dust around the middle of next week,
     after which it will likely be heard from no more.

     4. 10 Breathtaking Tweets about Graphic Workshop. (Second Notification)

     If you're among the tens of thousands of Graphic Workshop users who
     don't follow us on Twitter - we're in no way offended by this - you'll
     likely have missed the ongoing tweets that deal with often-overlooked
     features of the known universe's most popular image management
     software.

     Graphic Workshop's ability to do practically everything that can be
     done to pictures makes it relatively easy to use it every day for
     years and still miss a few of its better tricks.

     Here are ten more of the finest features you never knew it had, fresh
     from the Alchemy Mindworks Twitter account:

     - Resize thousands of megapixel photos to screen dimensions in a single
       operation.

     - Refine your photos with a few clicks - power up Photography Workshop.

     - View that downloaded graphic after all - use Identify Mystery File.

     - Use the Image menu Filter function to color-adjust whole batches of
       photos at once.

     - See the world through compound eyes with the Glass Block filter.

     - Create instant contact sheets of your photos with the Thumbnail
       Catalogs tool.

     - Add dimension to your photos with the Curl filter.

     - Create instant comps of your photos for distribution with the
       Position Only filter.

     - Install the MOZ JPEG plugin for really, really, really, really,
       really, really, small JPEGS.

     - Print the location, time and other metadata with your photos - see
       the %X macro.

     You can download a copy of Graphic Workshop from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download

     If you're still using Graphic Workshop Professional 4, we invite you
     to enjoy all the new functionality, enhanced performance and cool
     things to click on - for half the new-user registration price. Please
     see:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/upgrade.html

     Please see http://www.twitter.com/alchemymindwork to follow us on
     Twitter.

     5. We Now Accept Discover Cards

     After what seemed like a lifetime of filling out forms and clicking on
     web pages... it was probably only a lunchtime... we are pleased to
     announce that we can now accept Discover cards at our e-commerce pages,
     and through our toll-free order desk at 1-800-263-1138.

     Our traditional payment options - Visa, Mastercard, American Express
     and PayPal - remain unchanged.

     It's all so new-millennium...

     The fruits of our labor can be found at:

         https://www.mindworkshop.com/orderform.html

     6. Replying to this Message and List Removal
     address, please visit our web page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html

     Removal requests will be processed instantly.

     If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
     products, please contact us at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html

     You can contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by snail-mail
     at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel, Huntsville, ON P1H 2J3, CANADA.