[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

Alchemy Mindworks alchemy8147 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Aug 30 09:10:00 EDT 2014

     Contents:

     1. Presentation Wizard 5 Revision 2

     2. Animation Workshop 5 Revision 2 (Second Notification)

     3. 10 Impeccable Tweets about Graphic Workshop.

     4. Replying to this Message and List Removal

     If lawyers weren't meant to be clawed into bloody scraps of meat...

         http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/lizardland.html

     ...there wouldn't be bad-tempered carnivorous reptiles, now would there?

     1. Presentation Wizard 5 Revision 2

     Presentation Wizard 5 has been updated. This release:

     - Adds thumbnails to the File menu history, so you can remind yourself
       what your presentations looked like before you open them. See the
       discussion of File Menu Thumbnails Files in the Opening and Saving
       Documents section of the Reference document of the Presentation
       Wizard Manual for assistance with configuring this feature... or
       disabling it, should you ultimately decide that it's a tool of
       unclean spirits or liberal politicians.

     - Improves a number of aspects of the aforementioned File menu history
       feature.

     - Improves the Windows shell interface, so files created by
       Presentation Wizard will appear in Explorer with less delay.

     - Fixes a problem that caused the Windows task bar to refuse to unhide
       if Presentation Wizard was the active application and it was
       maximized, under some builds of Windows, if there was a unicorn or
       other mythical quadruped in the immediate proximity... some of the
       time.

       This problem also prevented the Show Desktop button in the task bar
       from operating correctly, as well as several additional task bar-
       related functions.

       It's history now.

     - Addresses several user interface issues throughout the application.

     - Implements our work-around for the Microsoft installer limitation
       that hitherto required each previous release of Presentation Wizard
       to be uninstalled before an update could be installed. This release
       of Presentation Wizard 5 can be installed right over the previous
       one - it will in fact automatically uninstall the previous software
       as part of the install.

       While we're just tickled with how well this worked in house, we are
       aware that some third-party install managers and security
       applications meddle with the software installation process, and in
       so doing might break our clever innovation. If you encounter any
       issues with installing this release of Presentation Wizard, please
       let us know what happened.

       We hasten to add that you'll still need to click on the Enter Your
       Registration Key button in the opening window of the newly updated
       Presentation Wizard 5 to handle validating it. Assuming that you
       allowed Presentation Wizard to save your key to disk last time,
       this will involve clicking on Next several times and then closing
       the "thank you" window.

     - Fixes a bug in the PNG import library that could crash the File
       Open window if a grey-scale PNG file were selected.

     - Fixes a number of issues that appeared during the upgrade to
       version 5.

     You can download Presentation Wizard 5 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/prspro.html#download

     UPGRADES

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Presentation Wizard 4
     on or after June 1, 2013, you’re welcome to a free upgrade to Animation
     Workshop 5.

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Presentation Wizard 4
     prior to June 1, 2013, you can upgrade to Presentation Wizard 5 for
     half the cost of a new single-user license.

     When you first run Presentation Wizard 5, it will check to see if you
     have a registration for Presentation Wizard 4 on your system. If it
     finds one, it will display a window to tell you which of the foregoing
     upgrade options is applicable. Click on the Upgrade button to visit our
     web page and request or order an upgrade.

     The upgrade window can subsequently be accessed through the Help >
     Upgrade Manager > Upgrade from Previous Version item of Presentation
     Wizard 5's menu bar.

     You can also visit the no-cost upgrade page directly at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/prskey.html

     and the upgrade order page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     2. Animation Workshop 5 Revision 2 (Second Notification)

     Animation Workshop 5 has been updated. This release:

     - Adds thumbnails to the File menu history, so you can remind yourself
       what your files looked like before you open them. See the discussion
       of File Menu Thumbnails Files in the Creating Documents section of
       the Reference document of the Animation Workshop Manual for
       assistance with configuring this feature... or disabling it, should
       you ultimately decide that it's a tool of unclean spirits or liberal
       politicians.

     - Improves a number of aspects of the aforementioned File menu history
       feature.

     - Improves the Windows shell interface, so files created by Animation
       Workshop will appear in Explorer with less delay.

     - Fixes a problem that caused the Windows task bar to refuse to unhide
       if Animation Workshop was the active application and it was
       maximized, under some builds of Windows, if there was a unicorn or
       other mythical quadruped in the immediate proximity... some of the
       time.

       This problem also prevented the Show Desktop button in the task bar
       from operating correctly, as well as several additional task bar-
       related functions.

       It's history now.

     - Addresses several user interface issues throughout the application.

     - Implements our work-around for the Microsoft installer limitation
       that hitherto required each previous release of Animation Workshop
       to be uninstalled before an update could be installed. This release
       of Animation Workshop 5 can be installed right over the previous
       one - it will in fact automatically uninstall the previous software
       as part of the install.

       While we're just tickled with how well this worked in house, we are
       aware that some third-party install managers and security
       applications meddle with the software installation process, and in
       so doing might break our clever innovation. If you encounter any
       issues with installing this release of Animation Workshop, please
       let us know what happened.

       We hasten to add that you'll still need to click on the Enter Your
       Registration Key button in the opening window of the newly updated
       Animation Workshop 5 to handle validating it. Assuming that you
       allowed Animation Workshop to save your key to disk last time,
       this will involve clicking on Next several times and then closing the
       "thank you" window.

     - Fixes a bug in the PNG import library that could crash the File Open
       window if a grey-scale PNG file were selected.

     - Fixes a number of issues that appeared during the upgrade to
       version 5.

     You can download Animation Workshop 5 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/animwork.html#download

     UPGRADES

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Animation Workshop 4 on
     or after June 1, 2013, you’re welcome to a free upgrade to Animation
     Workshop 5.

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Animation Workshop 4
     prior to June 1, 2013, you can upgrade to Animation Workshop 5 for half
     the cost of a new single-user license.

     When you first run Animation Workshop 5, it will check to see if you
     have a registration for Animation Workshop 4 on your system. If it finds
     one, it will display a window to tell you which of the foregoing upgrade
     options is applicable. Click on the Upgrade button to visit our web page
     and request or order an upgrade.

     The upgrade window can subsequently be accessed through the Help >
     Upgrade Manager > Upgrade from Previous Version item of Animation
     Workshop 5's menu bar.

     You can also visit the no-cost upgrade page directly at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/anmkey.html

     and the upgrade order page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     3. 10 Impeccable Tweets about Graphic Workshop.

     If you're among the tens of thousands of Graphic Workshop users who
     don't follow us on Twitter - we're in no way offended by this - you'll
     likely have missed the ongoing tweets that deal with often-overlooked
     features of the known universe's most popular image management
     software.

     Graphic Workshop's ability to do practically everything that can be
     done to pictures makes it relatively easy to use it every day for
     years and still miss a few of its better tricks.

     Here are ten more of the finest features you never knew it had, fresh
     from the Alchemy Mindworks Twitter account:

     - Crop lots of photos in one operation with the Apply to Batch option
       of Crop.

     - Secure delete - make sure those embarrassing photos NEVER come back.

     - Enjoy different Windows wallpaper every day with Rotator.

     - Capture all or part of your screen, with or without the cursor, using
       GWS Camera.

     - Include EXIF details with your printed photos, such as exposure,
       location & time.

     - Transform any photo into a Windows screen saver.

     - Create state-of-the-art Roman mosaics with Canvas filter.

     - Browse, convert and extract graphics stored in ZIP files.

     - Give your photos an edge with the Raise filter.

     - Create instant web pages of your photos with clickable thumbnails;
       use Web Gallery.

     You can download a copy of Graphic Workshop from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download

     If you're still using Graphic Workshop Professional 4, we invite you
     to enjoy all the new functionality, enhanced performance and cool
     things to click on - for half the new-user registration price. Please
     see:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/upgrade.html

     See http://www.twitter.com/alchemymindwork to follow us on Twitter.

     4. Replying to this Message and List Removal
     address, please visit our web page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html

     Removal requests will be processed instantly.

     If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
     products, please contact us at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html

     You can contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by snail-mail
     at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel, Huntsville, ON P1H 2J3, CANADA.