[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply0991 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply0991 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Mar 10 10:41:23 EST 2018

    Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
    http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )

          Contents:

     1. *GIF Construction Set Professional* 8 Revision 4
     2. * Graphic Workshop****Professional* 8 Revision 6 (second
        notification)
     3.   Replying to this Message and List Removal

    <http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/lizardland.html>*

    Just like spring break, but with indescribable bloodthirsty carnivores.
    **
    (...so, yes, just like spring break. Click on the book.)
    *

        GIF Construction Set Professional 8 Revision 4

    GIF Construction Set Professional 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Addresses several security issues in the JPEG library used by
        GIF Construction Set Professional.

        It's our understanding that the previous version of the JPEG
        library used by GIF Construction Set could have allowed a
        maliciously-crafted JPEG graphic to execute arbitrary code on a
        host computer.

        The world includes some really scary people.

        GIF Construction Set has been rebuilt using the latest - and
        wholly secure - JPEG functionality.

        We'd like to urge all users of GIF Construction Set to update to
        this release ASAP.

        Don't close this message 'til you've clicked on the appropriate
        button below.

      * We've also updated the ancillary JPEG reader to be aware of the
        presence of EXIF metadata in the JPEG files it reads and adjust
        the orientation of the resulting pictures if they were taken
        with a camera held in something other than the traditional
        landscape position.

      * Adds assistance buttons to the initial registration key windows.
        Click on the question marks if you discover yourself to be lost.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

          Upgrades

    If you have previously registered or upgraded to GIF Construction
    Set Professional 7, you can upgrade to GIF Construction Set
    Professional 8 for half the cost of a new single-user license.

    *
    NOTE:* If you're currently running GIF Construction Set Professional
    6 or GIF Construction Set Professional 7, we strongly recommend that
    you upgrade to the current release to address the JPEG archive
    vulnerability described above.

    Users of GIF Construction Set Professional 7 can upgrade to version
    8 for half price.

    While the half-price upgrade path from the version 6 software has
    expired, our upgrade e-commerce page will accept half-price upgrades
    from users of GIF Construction Set Professional 6 for the next two
    weeks.

    If you see a message therein to the effect that upgrades are only
    available for version 7 and 8, you can safely ignore it.

    Click on the huge blue button below.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Graphic Workshop Professional 8 Revision 6 (new this week)

    Graphic Workshop Professional 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Addresses several security issues in the JPEG library used by
        Graphic Workshop and its ancillary applications.

        It's our understanding that the previous version of the JPEG
        library used by Graphic Workshop could have allowed a
        maliciously-crafted JPEG graphic to execute arbitrary code on a
        host computer.

        The world includes some really scary people.

        Graphic Workshop itself and the library called by its ancillary
        applications to read and write JPG files have been rebuilt using
        the latest - and wholly secure - JPEG functionality.

        We'd like to urge all users of Graphic Workshop to update to
        this release ASAP.

        Don't close this message 'til you've clicked on the appropriate
        button below.

      * We've also updated the ancillary JPEG reader to be aware of the
        presence of EXIF metadata in the JPEG files it reads and adjust
        the orientation of the resulting pictures if they were taken
        with a camera held in something other than the traditional
        landscape position. While Graphic Workshop itself has handled
        this function for years, now the applications that come bundled
        with it - such as Presentation Wizard UltraLight, e-Paint
        UltraLight and Montage - do so as well.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download>

          Upgrades

    If you have previously registered or upgraded to Graphic Workshop
    Professional 7, you can upgrade to Graphic Workshop Professional 8
    for half the cost of a new single-user license.

    *
    NOTE:* If you're currently running Graphic Workshop Professional 6
    or Graphic Workshop Professional 7, we strongly recommend that you
    upgrade to the current release to address the JPEG archive
    vulnerability described above.

    Users of Graphic Workshop Professional 7 can upgrade to version 8
    for half price.

    While the half-price upgrade path from the version 6 software has
    expired, our upgrade e-commerce page will accept half-price upgrades
    from users of Graphic Workshop Professional 6 for the next two weeks.

    If you see a message therein to the effect that upgrades are only
    available for version 7 and 8, you can safely ignore it.

    Click on the huge blue button below.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Replying to this Message and List Removal

    This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do
    not reply to it.

    To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your
    address, please visit our web page at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the
    Unsubscribe button:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html>

    Removal requests will be processed instantly.

    If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
    products, please contact us at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or click on the
    button below:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

    You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
    snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel, Huntsville, ON P1H
    2J3, CANADA.

    Copyright (c) 1998 - 2018 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved.
    Use no hooks.