[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply0991 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply0991 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Mar 31 10:01:51 EDT 2018

    Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
    http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )

          Contents:

     1. *Animation Workshop* 8 Revision 2
     2. * Voice Manager* 8 Revision 2(second notification)
     3. * PNG MNG Construction Set* 8 Revision 3(additionalnotification)
     4. * GIF Construction Set Professional* 8 Revision 4
        (additionalnotification)
     5. * Graphic Workshop****Professional* 8 Revision 6
        (additionalnotification)
     6. New Reviews at *Storm Gods*(second notification)
     7.   Replying to this Message and List Removal

    <http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/lizardland.html>

        *
        **Some things are extinct for a damned good reason.*

        *(Click on the book.)*
        **

    This being the season of spring break, wherein no one reads their
    e-mail, we've kept a few more recent items in this posting to give
    all our subscribers a chance to see them. The JPEG security updates
    are /really/ important.

        Animation Workshop 8 Revision 2

    Animation Workshop 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Addresses several security issues in the JPEG library used by
        Animation Workshop.

        It's our understanding that the previous version of the JPEG
        library used by Animation Workshopcould have allowed a
        maliciously-crafted JPEG graphic to execute arbitrary code on a
        host computer.

        The world includes some really scary people.

        Animation Workshop has been rebuilt using the latest - and
        wholly secure - JPEG functionality.

        We'd like to urge all users of Animation Workshopto update to
        this release ASAP.

        Don't close this message 'til you've clicked on the appropriate
        button below.

      * We've also updated the JPEG reader to be aware of the presence
        of EXIF metadata in the JPEG files it reads and adjust the
        orientation of the resulting pictures if they were taken with a
        camera held in something other than the traditional landscape
        position.

      * Adds assistance buttons to the initial registration key windows.
        Click on the question marks if you discover yourself to be lost.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/animwork.html#download>

          Upgrades

    If you have previously registered or upgraded to Animation
    Workshop7, you can upgrade to Animation Workshop 8 for half the cost
    of a new single-user license.

    *
    NOTE:* If you're currently running Animation Workshop 6 or Animation
    Workshop 7, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to the current
    release to address the JPEG archive vulnerability described above.

    Users of Animation Workshop 7 can upgrade to version 8 for half price.

    While the half-price upgrade path from the version 6 software has
    expired, our upgrade e-commerce page will accept half-price upgrades
    from users of Animation Workshop 6 for the next two weeks.

    If you see a message therein to the effect that upgrades are only
    available for version 7 and 8, you can safely ignore it.

    Click on the huge blue button below.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Voice Manager 8 Revision 2
        (second notification)

    The Yamaha DX7, TX7, reface DX and the Korg Volca FM synthesizers
    are amazingly cool... among other things because their voices can be
    programmed to make them sound like pretty much anything you can imagine.

    In the event that you're not feeling very imaginative, there's also
    a voice-sharing community from which to download buckets of fresh
    sounds for them.

    Alchemy Mindworks' Voice Manager will keep track of banks of
    synthesizer voices, allowing them to be saved as permanent disk
    files. It also embodies an intuitive voice editor, and numerous
    other tools to make these instruments totally rock.

    If you play keyboards, we invite you to check out Voice Manager.

    Voice Manager 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Adds support for the Yamaha DX7 and TX7 synthesizers, and their
        modern progeny, theamazing Korg Volca FM. Download thousand of
        free voice banks from the web, organize and modify them to suit
        your needs and upload them to these iconic synthesizers with
        Voice Manager. (If you're unfamiliar with the Volca FM, we
        invite you to check out our review of it. Please see the New
        Reviews at Storm Gods item in this posting, below.)

      * Updates the Audition window to support silent uploads, instant
        performance and a clickable toy piano keyboard for immediate
        gratification.

      * Fixes a number of bugs in the reface DX voice editor window.

      * Speeds up the MIDI communication throughout the application.

      * Allows for manual selection of the synthesizer and MIDI ports,
        to get around unusual hardware that previously confused Voice
        Manager's automatic detection logic.

      * Adds assistance buttons to the initial registration key windows.
        Click on the question marks if you discover yourself to be lost.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/voxman.html>

    ("Reface DX" is a trademark of Yamaha Corporation, as are "DX7" and
    "TX7." Alchemy Mindworks has no business affiliation with Yamaha
    Corporation. The names reface DX, DX7, TX7 and Yamaha are used
    herein for descriptive purposes only. "Volca FM" is a trademark of
    Korg Inc. Alchemy Mindworks has no business affiliation with Korg
    Inc. The names Volca FM and Korg are used herein for descriptive
    purposes only.)

        PNG MNG Construction Set 8 Revision 3
        (additional notification)

    PNG MNG Construction Set 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Addresses several security issues in the JPEG library used by
        PNG MNG Construction Set.

        It's our understanding that the previous version of the JPEG
        library used by PNG MNGConstruction Setcould have allowed a
        maliciously-crafted JPEG graphic to execute arbitrary code on a
        host computer.

        The world includes some really scary people.

        PNG MNG Construction Set has been rebuilt using the latest - and
        wholly secure - JPEG functionality.

        We'd like to urge all users of PNG MNGConstruction Set to update
        to this release ASAP.

        Don't close this message 'til you've clicked on the appropriate
        button below.

      * We've also updated the ancillary JPEG reader to be aware of the
        presence of EXIF metadata in the JPEG files it reads and adjust
        the orientation of the resulting pictures if they were taken
        with a camera held in something other than the traditional
        landscape position.

      * Adds assistance buttons to the initial registration key windows.
        Click on the question marks if you discover yourself to be lost.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/pngpro.html#download>

          Upgrades

    If you have previously registered or upgraded to PNG MNGConstruction
    Set 7, you can upgrade to PNG MNG Construction Set 8 for half the
    cost of a new single-user license.

    *
    NOTE:* If you're currently running PNG MNGConstruction Set6 or PNG
    MNGConstruction Set 7, we strongly recommend that you upgrade to the
    current release to address the JPEG archive vulnerability described
    above.

    Users of PNG MNGConstruction Set 7 can upgrade to version 8 for half
    price.

    While the half-price upgrade path from the version 6 software has
    expired, our upgrade e-commerce page will accept half-price upgrades
    from users of PNG MNGConstruction Set 6 for the next two weeks.

    If you see a message therein to the effect that upgrades are only
    available for version 7 and 8, you can safely ignore it.

    Click on the huge blue button below.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        GIF Construction Set Professional 8 Revision 4 (additional
        notification)

    GIF Construction Set Professional 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Addresses several security issues in the JPEG library used by
        GIF Construction Set Professional.

        It's our understanding that the previous version of the JPEG
        library used by GIF Construction Set could have allowed a
        maliciously-crafted JPEG graphic to execute arbitrary code on a
        host computer.

        The world includes some really scary people.

        GIF Construction Set has been rebuilt using the latest - and
        wholly secure - JPEG functionality.

        We'd like to urge all users of GIF Construction Set to update to
        this release ASAP.

        Don't close this message 'til you've clicked on the appropriate
        button below.

      * We've also updated the ancillary JPEG reader to be aware of the
        presence of EXIF metadata in the JPEG files it reads and adjust
        the orientation of the resulting pictures if they were taken
        with a camera held in something other than the traditional
        landscape position.

      * Adds assistance buttons to the initial registration key windows.
        Click on the question marks if you discover yourself to be lost.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

          Upgrades

    If you have previously registered or upgraded to GIF Construction
    Set Professional 7, you can upgrade to GIF Construction Set
    Professional 8 for half the cost of a new single-user license.

    *
    NOTE:* If you're currently running GIF Construction Set Professional
    6 or GIF Construction Set Professional 7, we strongly recommend that
    you upgrade to the current release to address the JPEG archive
    vulnerability described above.

    Users of GIF Construction Set Professional 7 can upgrade to version
    8 for half price.

    While the half-price upgrade path from the version 6 software has
    expired, our upgrade e-commerce page will accept half-price upgrades
    from users of GIF Construction Set Professional 6 for the next two
    weeks.

    If you see a message therein to the effect that upgrades are only
    available for version 7 and 8, you can safely ignore it.

    Click on the huge blue button below.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Graphic Workshop Professional 8 Revision 6 (additional notification)

    Graphic Workshop Professional 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Addresses several security issues in the JPEG library used by
        Graphic Workshop and its ancillary applications.

        It's our understanding that the previous version of the JPEG
        library used by Graphic Workshop could have allowed a
        maliciously-crafted JPEG graphic to execute arbitrary code on a
        host computer.

        The world includes some really scary people.

        Graphic Workshop itself and the library called by its ancillary
        applications to read and write JPG files have been rebuilt using
        the latest - and wholly secure - JPEG functionality.

        We'd like to urge all users of Graphic Workshop to update to
        this release ASAP.

        Don't close this message 'til you've clicked on the appropriate
        button below.

      * We've also updated the ancillary JPEG reader to be aware of the
        presence of EXIF metadata in the JPEG files it reads and adjust
        the orientation of the resulting pictures if they were taken
        with a camera held in something other than the traditional
        landscape position. While Graphic Workshop itself has handled
        this function for years, now the applications that come bundled
        with it - such as Presentation Wizard UltraLight, e-Paint
        UltraLight and Montage - do so as well.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download>

          Upgrades

    If you have previously registered or upgraded to Graphic Workshop
    Professional 7, you can upgrade to Graphic Workshop Professional 8
    for half the cost of a new single-user license.

    *
    NOTE:* If you're currently running Graphic Workshop Professional 6
    or Graphic Workshop Professional 7, we strongly recommend that you
    upgrade to the current release to address the JPEG archive
    vulnerability described above.

    Users of Graphic Workshop Professional 7 can upgrade to version 8
    for half price.

    While the half-price upgrade path from the version 6 software has
    expired, our upgrade e-commerce page will accept half-price upgrades
    from users of Graphic Workshop Professional 6 for the next two weeks.

    If you see a message therein to the effect that upgrades are only
    available for version 7 and 8, you can safely ignore it.

    Click on the huge blue button below.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        New Reviews at Storm Gods
        (second notification)

    The Storm Gods product review blog has been updated with new reviews.

    Storm Gods - product reviews by the staff of Alchemy Mindworks -
    features objective reviews of the things we've bought.

    It might betray a significant collective character flaw, but we buy
    a lot of stuff. For the most part, we research our purchases
    carefully. Storm Gods will share our choices and our experiences
    with them.

    Please click on the following huge blue button to visit the Storm
    Gods page.

        <http://www.stormgods.com>

    Click on Recent Posts when you get there for the latest reviews.

    Unlike product review pages with larger staff and actual production
    budgets, Storm Gods is based exclusively on items we would have
    bought anyway. No compensation was provided to us by their
    manufacturers - not that we'd necessarily have objected if they'd
    tried - and as such, all the reviews at Storm Gods are wholly unbiased.

    Alchemy Mindworks has no affiliation with any of the manufacturers
    mentioned at Storm Gods - in most cases, we never even filled in the
    warranty cards.

        Replying to this Message and List Removal

    This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do
    not reply to it.

    To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your
    address, please visit our web page at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the
    Unsubscribe button:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html>

    Removal requests will be processed instantly.

    If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
    products, please contact us at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or click on the
    button below:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

    You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
    snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel, Huntsville, ON P1H
    2J3, CANADA.

    If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
    probably blocking them. Please visit:

        http://blog.mindworkshop.com/alchemy-mindworks/graphics-in-update-list/

    for assistance with resolving this issue.

    Copyright (c) 1998 - 2018 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved.
    Use no hooks.