[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Jun 8 10:26:24 EDT 2019

    Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
    http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )

          Contents:

     1. * GIF Construction Set Professional 9 Revision 4
        *
     2. ** Graphic Workshop Professional 9 Revision 12 *****(second
        notification******)***
     3. * Animation Workshop 9 Revision 2
        *******(*****************additional *****notification)***** *
     4. * Alpha Paint 9 Revision 7 ******(additional notification)*****
     5. ***** New UK Server
        *****
     6. *Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details *

    <http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/darkmatter.html>***Read Darkmatter.

    Learn several phrases in conversational Russian.

    Avoid using them in polite company.

    Click on the book.***

        GIF Construction Set Professional 9 Revision 4

    GIF Construction Set Professional 9 has been updated. This release:

      * Adds an Export to WebP option to the GIF Construction Set File
        menu. Wait 'til you see what this puppy can do.

        The WebP format was developed by Google. Supported by the
        current versions of all the major web browsers, it replaces GIF
        with a twenty-first century animation standard. It allows for
        true-color imaging, alpha transparency, millisecond-resolution
        timing and optional lossy compression for those occasions when
        your animations just get out of control and you really need them
        to be smaller.

        Best of all, WebP animations can be added to a web page using
        the same HTML coding as would be the case for a GIF file.

        There's an extensive discussion of WebP at our blog
        <http://blog.mindworkshop.com/animation/a-quick-introduction-to-webp-graphics-and-animations/>.

      * Adds WebP still image support to Animation Wizard, and various
        other functions in GIF Construction Set that open still graphics.

      * Adds optional alpha image masking to Animation Wizard, so you
        can import graphics with full alpha transparency and not have
        their backgrounds look like salad.

      * Fixes several bugs in the document window Drag 'n Drop
        functionality.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

          Upgrades

    If you have registered or upgraded a registration for GIF
    Construction Set 8, we invite you to upgrade to GIF Construction Set
    9 for *half the current new-user price*.

    Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Graphic Workshop Professional 9 Revision 12 ***(second
        notification)***

    Graphic Workshop Professional 9 has been updated. This release:

      * Adds *WebP support* — Graphic Workshop can now open and write to
        .webp graphics. Should you be unfamiliar with WebP, it's a
        graphic and animation document format developed by Google. It
        supplants JPEG, PNG and GIF on the web, enjoying better image
        quality, compression, color depth and timing accuracy. It's
        supported by the current releases of all the major web browsers.
        It looks amazing in on-line content, such as web pages and
        social media.

        There's an extensive discussion of WebP at our blog
        <http://blog.mindworkshop.com/animation/a-quick-introduction-to-webp-graphics-and-animations/>.

        This one's cool enough to shatter penguins.

        There's an overview of WebP in the Formats document of Graphic
        Workshop's manual. WebP is available in all the functionality of
        Graphic Workshop that opens, views, writes and processes graphic
        files.

      * Adds *WebP support* to the *e-Paint UltraLight*, *Presentation
        Wizard UltraLight*, *GWS Camera* screen capture and *Montage*
        applications that install with Graphic Workshop.

      * Adds *optional paint applications* to the browser right-click
        Paint and Paint and Save As items, and to the Paint item in the
        File menu of the View window. Hold down the Ctrl key when you
        select one of these options to have your graphic opened in Alpha
        Paint if it has alpha transparency, or in e-Paint or e-Paint
        UltraLight if it doesn't. See the discussion of Paint in the
        Reference document of Graphic Workshop's manual for more about
        this feature. It's all in the first blue box.

        We hasten to add that Alpha Paint may misbehave in this capacity
        under some versions of Windows — it's fixed in the next release
        of Alpha Paint.

      * Updates the *Save As* window for Graphic Workshop's *View *mode
        to handle file type changes more intuitively.

      * Fixes a bug in the file history list of the *GWS Camera* screen
        capture.

      * Addresses a number of issues in the Archive Manager associations
        window.

      * Fixes several bugs in *Icon Editor UltraLight* Transform filters
        — Flip, Rotate and Resize — that could make selected elements
        disappear under some builds of Windows. Needless to say, we
        frown on them doing this.

      * Adds an option to the Icon Editor UltraLight Rectangle Selection
        tool to allow it to copy selected areas, rather than cutting
        them. Hold down the Shift key when you click to dismiss the tool.

      * Fixes a bug in the Icon Editor UltraLight Paste menu item that
        caused it to enable and disable at inappropriate moments.

      * Fixes a bug in the Icon Editor UltraLight Paste function that
        saw it pasting paletted images with wildly incorrect colors
        under some builds of Windows.

      * Fixes a bug in the Graphic Workshop *animated GIF* view window
        that caused the application to vanish momentarily when the
        window closed... under some builds of Windows or in a room with
        one or more large flightless birds. Mostly the former.

      * Updates the documentation.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download>

          Upgrades

    If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic
    Workshop Professional 8, we invite you to upgrade to Graphic
    Workshop Professional 9 for *half the current new-user price*.

    Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Animation Workshop 9 Revision 2***(additional notification)***

    Animation Workshop 9 has been updated. This release:

      * Adds *WebP support* — Animation Workshop can now export to .webp
        animations. Should you be unfamiliar with .webp, it's a graphic
        and animation document format developed by Google. It supplants
        GIF animations, enjoying better compression, color depth and
        timing accuracy. It's supported by the current releases of all
        the major web browsers. It looks amazing in web pages.

        There's an extensive discussion of WebP at our blog
        <http://blog.mindworkshop.com/animation/a-quick-introduction-to-webp-graphics-and-animations/>.

        This one's cool enough to shatter penguins.

      * Updates the *JPEG functionality* in Animation Workshop to be
        blindingly, shockingly *fast*... and possibly violate a few laws
        of physics.

        The new JPEG reader also addresses a number of potential
        *security holes* which could have allowed a maliciously-crafted
        JPG file to execute arbitrary code and compromise a computer
        running previous releases of Animation Workshop.

        We urge everyone running Animation Workshop to update to this
        release really, really soon — some time yesterday would be ideal.

        If you're running a version of Animation Workshop *older than
        version 9*, please see the *Upgrades***section, below.

      * Updates the Animation Workshop *image handling libraries* with
        our new anti-tampering logic to make them more secure and
        resistant to cyber-cretins.

      * Updates the rendering engine.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/animwork.html>

          Upgrades

    If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Animation
    Workshop 8, we invite you to upgrade to Animation Workshop 9 for
    *half the current new-user price*.

    *Older software: *If you're running a registered older version of
    Animation Workshop — Animation Workshop 4 or better — we'd like to
    urge you in strongest possible terms to upgrade to version 9, so the
    security holes in the old JPEG reader don't risk letting the slime
    of the Internet access your computer.

    For the duration of this update cycle — for the next week, at least
    — we invite you to*upgrade to Animation Workshop 9* for *half
    price*, even if the reduced-price upgrade window is no longer valid
    for your version.

    Just ignore the warning about upgrades only being applicable to
    version 8 and 9 at our e-commerce page — your Animation Workshop
    upgrade order will be accepted.

    Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Alpha Paint 9 Revision 7 ***(additional notification)***

    Alpha Paint 9 has been updated. This release:

      * Adds Alpha Shadows — have your graphics cast realistic soft
        shadows as alpha objects that blend with whatever your pictures
        appear over. See the discussion of alpha shadows in the Alpha
        Paint Reference document for more about how they work.

      * Fixes several bugs in the Transform filters — Flip, Rotate and
        Resize — that could make selected elements disappear under some
        builds of Windows. Needless to say, we frown on them doing this.

      * Adds an option to the Rectangle Selection tool to allow it to
        copy selected areas, rather than cutting them. Hold down the
        Shift key when you click to dismiss the tool.

      * Fixes a bug in the Paste menu item that caused it to enable and
        disable at inappropriate moments.

      * Fixes a bug in the Paste function that saw it pasting paletted
        images with wildly incorrect colors under some builds of Windows.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

            <http://www.mindworkshop.com/alphap.html>

        New UK Server

    Our server in the United Kingdom recently changed hosting companies.
    For the most part, you'll probably never notice its new digs even if
    you use it regularly to download our software installers.

    You can download installers from our UK server by clicking on the
    last of the red DOWNLOAD buttons at our various software pages —
    this will be DOWNLOAD 2 or DOWNLOAD 3, depending on where you are.

    All this having been said, there appears to have been a propagation
    issue with the installer for the new Graphic Workshop Professional 9
    release last weekend. If you downloaded what purported to be the
    revision 12 software from our UK server and found yourself looking
    at revision 11, please accept our apology.

    The UK server now has the correct release — we invite you to
    download it again if needs be.

        Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

    This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do
    not reply to it.

    To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your
    address, please visit our web page at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the
    Unsubscribe button:

        <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

    Removal requests will be processed instantly.

    If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
    products, please contact us at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or click on the
    button below:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

    You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
    snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville,
    ON P1H 2J3, CANADA.

    If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
    probably blocking them. Please visit:

        http://blog.mindworkshop.com/alchemy-mindworks/graphics-in-update-list/

    for assistance with resolving this issue.

    Follow us on:

    	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>
    <https://www.facebook.com/alchemy.mindworks.5>

    Copyright (c) 1998 - 2019 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved.
    Use no hooks.