[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Apr 25 10:33:51 EDT 2020

***This is an automatic posting
  from the Alchemy Mindworks
Update Mailing List *

Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
<http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/950.html>.

        Contents:

 1. ***Graphic Workshop Professional 10 Revision 7 *(second notification)*
    *
 2. * PNG MNG Construction Set 10 Revision 3***(new this weekend)**
 3. * Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details**
    *

***Tell only your best friends about this novel.
(Preferably several thousand of them.)*
	<http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/dragonsbane.html>
*Click on the book.*

    Graphic Workshop Professional 10 Revision 7
    (second notification)

Graphic Workshop Professional 10 has been updated. Among its new and
updated features are:

  * *Application Security:* In our continuing determination to ensure
    that Graphic Workshop presents no opportunities for cybercretins to
    exploit it, we've done a line-by-line review of its source code to
    find any potential buffer overruns. Several turned up. Now they're
    history.

    We urge all Graphic Workshop users to update to the current release
    and nail this vulnerability before it nails you.

  * *Thumbnail Pre-cache: *Adds a per-browser option to enable thumbnail
    pre-caching only when a browser is top-most.

    Thumbnail pre-caching speeds up Graphic Workshop's browsers
    considerably, but it can have a substantial memory footprint for
    browsers looking at a lot of graphics. This refinement allows you to
    have it automatically enabled only for the browser you're working
    with at the moment.

    Right-click in a browser, select Thumbnails and select Pre-cache
    Thumbnails When Active to fire up this option.

  * *Textures and Fractals:* Adds Scratch textures to the Graphic
    Workshop Textures and Fractals window. Wild, unleashed and as
    chaotic as you want to be, Scratch suggests bad urban art applied
    with cheap spray paint, a dystopian landscape viewed from space by
    an aging reconnaissance satellite or a really badly-behaved cat.

    The example animation to your right, comprised of several variations
    on one Scratch texture, represents but a fraction of its capabilities.

  * *View Mode Shortcuts:* Hold down Ctrl in Graphic Workshop's View
    mode and click on the Info button in its tool bar to quickly open
    the Crop window.

    The View mode tool bar's button tips have been expanded to include
    their alternate functions enabled holding down the Shift and Ctrl
    keys. If you'd like to learn all their secrets, hover your mouse
    over each button for a moment.

  * *Animated PNG:* Addresses an issue in the transparency management of
    the animated PNG viewer.

  * *Performance:* Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

If you haven't installed Graphic Workshop Professional 10 yet, you might
want to review a more extensive list of its new functionality and
enhancements <http://doc.mindworkshop.com/918.html>.

Click on the blue button to download Graphic Workshop Professional 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
Professional 9, we invite you to *upgrade to **Graphic Workshop
Professional 10* for half the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    PNG MNG Construction Set 10 Revision 3
    (new this weekend)

PNG MNG Construction Set 10 has been updated. Among its new and enhanced
features are:

  * *Update:* A number of minor issues that crept into the previous
    release — which was pretty much a complete rewrite of the
    application — have been addressed. We'd like to urge all users pf
    PNG MNG Construction Set to update, lest you be driven mad by these
    things.

    Our understanding is that few if any health insurers are prepared to
    accept claims of madness caused by software.

  * *Animated PNG:* Several minor compatibility issues in the animated
    PNG support have been stomped.

  * *WebP Transparency:* Nails a problem that prevent WebP animations
    with transparent elements from displaying correctly under some
    builds of Windows.

  * *Image Editors:* The animation format image editor windows have been
    hardened to manage image size changes wrought by their respective
    Paint buttons correctly.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

If you missed the previous update for PNG MNG Construction Set 10, we
invite you to check out its new and enhanced functionality
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/948.html> — it totally rocks.

Click on the blue button to download PNG MNG Construction Set 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/pngpro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for PNG MNG
Construction Set 9, we invite you to *upgrade to **PNG MNG Construction
Set 10* for half the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

The bouncing ball animation was created and placed in the public domain
by Holger Will, and was released through Wikimedia Commons
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Animated_PNG_example_bouncing_beach_ball.png>.

    Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do not
reply to it.

To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your address,
please visit our newsletter management page or click on the Unsubscribe
button:

    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

Removal requests will be processed instantly.

If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks products,
please contact us or click on the button below:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville, ON
P1H 2J3, CANADA.

If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
probably blocking them. Please visit our blog for assistance with
resolving this issue.

The archive <http://www.mindworkshop.com/newsarchive.html> for this
newsletter includes access to earlier postings.

Follow us on:

	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved. Use no
hooks.