[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Jan 22 10:28:43 EST 2022

***This is an automatic posting
  from the Alchemy Mindworks
Update Mailing List *

Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
<http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/1044.html>.

        Contents:

 1. * Graphic Workshop Professional 12 Revision 7 *(additional notification)
 2. *Announcing Screen Saver Construction Set 12*
 3. ***Announcing Presentation Wizard 12 *(second notification)
 4. * Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details*

*
Stay warm this winter — adopt a dragon.

(Terrify your neighbors, incense the PETA people.)

Click on the book.

* 	<http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/dragonsbane.html>

    Graphic Workshop Professional 12 Revision 6

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

Graphic Workshop Professional 12 has been updated.

In this release:

  * *Web Gallery:* A bug that could cause the graphics created by Web
    Gallery to become afflicted with watermarks under some
    configurations of Windows has been addressed... and stomped into
    oblivion.

  * *Also Web Gallery:* Web Gallery can now generate pages with your
    choice of links for its clickable thumbnails, and with custom
    buttons for some or all of its items, to link to other content. See
    the discussions of Links and Buttons respectively in the Web Gallery
    section of Graphic Workshop's Reference document.

    Among other things, you can now use Web Gallery to create product
    catalogs with convenient links to buy whatever's listed therein.

  * *Animation Workshop UltraLight:* An issue with the Image object
    Preview window has been addressed... which hitherto caused it to
    display partial graphics under some configurations of Windows.

  * *Save As:* Graphic Workshop's Save As window could hitherto select
    incorrect file names if you attempted to use an existing name and
    edit it. This is now history.

  * *Default Beep: *The change folder sound that Graphic Workshop
    plays... perhaps not surprisingly when you change folders... has
    found itself tasked with signalling the conclusion of a number of
    processes in Graphic Workshop and its ancillary applications. It has
    come to our attention that the Windows sound that it references by
    default can be really annoying in other contexts, and a substantial
    number of Windows 10 and 11 users disable it... which also silences
    Graphic Workshop.

    Should you find yourself thus afflicted, you can now copy any short
    WAV file sound to the Alchemy Mindworks configuration data folder —
    see the Configuration document in Graphic Workshop's manual for
    assistance in locating it — and name said file Notify.wav to have it
    serve as Graphic Workshop's default noise.

    See the discussion of the ChangeFolderSound item in the
    aforementioned Configuration document for more about this option.

  * *ZIP / RAR Preview: *The multiple image selection window that
    appears if you have Graphic Workshop view or process graphics stored
    in a ZIP or RAR archive formerly failed to display preview images
    under some configurations of Windows. It has been disabused of this
    behavior.

If you haven't experienced Graphic Workshop Professional 12 as yet,
please see its initial release announcement
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/1028.html> for a list of all its new and
enhanced functionality.

Click on the blue button to download Graphic Workshop Professional 12.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
Professional 11, we invite you to *upgrade to **Graphic Workshop
Professional 12* for half the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

The graphic of the woman with a digital camera is by Kurhan and is used
under license from StockFresh.

    Announcing Screen Saver Construction Set 12

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/scspro.html>

Screen Saver Construction Set 12 has been released.

We've added new functionality to Screen Saver Construction Set, improved
its performance and generally refined it to better get along with
Windows 10 and 11. (We hasten to add that it still performs admirably
under earlier builds of Windows, all the way back to Windows XP, if
you're feeling retro.)

Among the new features and enhancements to Screen Saver Construction Set
12, you'll find...

  * ***Quick 64-bit Architecture:* Screen Saver Construction Set is now
    available in both traditional 32-bit and leading-edge 64-bit
    editions. The 64-bit software is fast, gets along more favorably
    with Windows and pretty much never runs into memory issues. We
    hasten to note that registering or updating to Screen Saver
    Construction Set 12 will avail you of a registration key that works
    with either edition... or both, if you're feeling adventurous.

  * *Windows 11 Compatible:* The version 11 software has been showing
    some decidedly rough edges under Windows 11, and may stop installing
    and/or running therein. Screen Saver Construction Set 12 rocks under
    Windows 11.*

    *
  * *Run Time:* Screen Saver Construction Set's runtime software has
    been updated to make it quicker and address some issues.

  * *JPEG Security:* Screen Saver Construction Set's Turbo JPEG library
    has been updated to the latest release to address some security issues.

    We'd like to urge all users of Screen Saver Construction Set to
    update to this release as quickly as possible.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download Screen Saver Construction Set 12.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/scspro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Screen Saver
Construction Set 11 on or after September 1, 2021, you're welcome to a
*no-cost upgrade* to Screen Saver Construction Set 12.

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Screen Saver
Construction Set 11 prior to September 1, 2021, we invite you to upgrade
to Screen Saver Construction Set 12 for *half the current new-user price*.

The first time you run Screen Saver Construction Set 12, it will
determine which upgrade option applies to your license.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

You can access the no-cost upgrade page
<http://www.mindworkshop.com/scskey.html> directly by clicking on the
foregoing link.

    Announcing Presentation Wizard 12

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/prspro.html>

Presentation Wizard 12 has been released.

We've added new functionality to Presentation Wizard, improved its
performance and generally refined it to better get along with Windows 10
and 11. (We hasten to add that it still performs admirably under earlier
builds of Windows, all the way back to Windows XP, if you're feeling retro.)

Among the new features and enhancements to Presentation Wizard 12,
you'll find...

  * ***Quick 64-bit Architecture:* Presentation Wizard is now available
    in both traditional 32-bit and leading-edge 64-bit editions. The
    64-bit software is fast, gets along more favorably with Windows and
    pretty much never runs into memory issues. We hasten to note that
    registering or updating to Presentation Wizard 12 will avail you of
    a registration key that works with either edition... or both, if
    you're feeling adventurous.

  * *Windows 11 Compatible:* The version 11 software has been showing
    some decidedly rough edges under Windows 11, and may stop installing
    and/or running therein. Presentation Wizard 12 rocks under Windows 11.*

    *
  * *Run Time:* Presentation Wizard's runtime software has been updated
    to make it quicker and address some issues.

  * *JPEG Security:* Presentation Wizard's Turbo JPEG library has been
    updated to the latest release to address some security issues.

    We'd like to urge all users of Presentation Wizard to update to this
    release as quickly as possible.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download Presentation Wizard 12.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/prspro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Presentation
Wizard 11 on or after September 1, 2021, you're welcome to a *no-cost
upgrade* to Presentation Wizard 12.

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Presentation
Wizard 11 prior to September 1, 2021, we invite you to upgrade to
Presentation Wizard 12 for *half the current new-user price*.

The first time you run Presentation Wizard 12, it will determine which
upgrade option applies to your license.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

You can access the no-cost upgrade page
<http://www.mindworkshop.com/prskey.html> directly by clicking on the
foregoing link.

    Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

This message has been sent from an unmonitored address — please do not
reply to it.

To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your address,
please visit our newsletter management page or click on the Unsubscribe
button:

    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

Removal requests will be processed instantly.

If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks products,
please contact us or click on the button below:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville, ON
P1H 2J3, CANADA.

If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
probably blocking them. Please visit our blog for assistance with
resolving this issue.

The archive <http://www.mindworkshop.com/newsarchive.html> for this
newsletter includes access to earlier postings.

Follow us on:

	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>

Copyright © 1998 - 2022 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved. Use no
hooks.