[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Jul 9 09:40:12 EDT 2022

***This is an automatic posting
  from the Alchemy Mindworks
Update Mailing List *

Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
<http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/1068.html>.

        Contents:

 1. * Graphic Workshop Professional 12 Revision 14 * (additional
    notification)
 2. *GIF Construction Set Professional 12 Revision 5*
 3. *e-Paint 12 Revision 4 *(second notification)
 4. ***About Upgrades *(second notification)**
 5. *Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details*

*Darker than midnight!

More treacherous than sales tax!
****
**Click on the book*
	<http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/dragonsbane.html>

    Graphic Workshop Professional 12 Revision 14

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

Graphic Workshop Professional 12 has been updated.

In this release:

  * *Open With:* The Open With item in the right-click menu of Graphic
    Workshop's browsers will let you open any picture with your choice
    of external applications. Open With has been rewritten to make it
    way easier to use.

    Open With now automatically includes those ancillary applications
    installed with Graphic Workshop that know how to open graphics —
    e-Paint UltraLight, GIF Construction Set UltraLight, Icon Editor
    UltraLight and so on -- as well as any stand-alone Alchemy Mindworks
    applications you have on your system.

    It will also preserve your configuration options between major
    version changes, and track updates to other Alchemy Mindworks software.

    It now includes ZIP and RAR archives, which can be opened in Graphic
    Workshop's Archive Manager from its browsers.

    Note that the new Open With logic will ignore any previous Open With
    items you've configured in earlier releases of Graphic Workshop.

  * *Edit EXIF:* Graphic Workshop's Edit EXIF metadata editor has been
    updated to deal with a number of hitherto unsupported tag types. It
    also displays a thumbnail in its prompt window, should you attempt
    to edit the EXIF data in a JPG or PNG document that doesn't turn out
    to have any.

  * *Transform:* The Transform window has been updated, and several user
    interface issues have been addressed. In addition, it will now
    display its example graphics based on the Graphic Workshop document
    you've right-clicked on, or the first item in a batch, rather than
    the traditional little red sports car.

  * *Effects:*The Effects window has been also updated, and several user
    interface issues have been addressed — pretty much the same ones as
    turned up in Transform, above. It too will now display its example
    graphics based on the Graphic Workshop document you've right-clicked
    on, or the first item in a batch, rather than the aforementioned
    traditional little red sports car.

  * *Move and Copy: *A cosmetic issue in Move and Copy that caused its
    document count text to be truncated under some configurations of
    Windows has been addressed.

  * *Function Window Thumbnails:* The thumbnail images that appear in
    Graphic Workshop's function windows, such as Transform and Effects,
    above, have been enhanced to more accurately represent pictures with
    alpha transparency, large original dimensions and paletted images.

  * *The UltraLight Screen Clock:* The style selector window in The
    UltraLight Screen Clock now temporarily disables the clock display
    while its open, allowing the style list to be substantially quicker
    and more responsive.

  * *Presentation Wizard UltraLight:* An issue that caused Presentation
    Wizard UltraLight's documents to display incorrect flashing cursors
    under some configurations of Windows has been stomped.

If you haven't experienced Graphic Workshop Professional 12 as yet,
please see its initial release announcement
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/1028.html> for a list of all its new and
enhanced functionality.

Click on the blue button to download Graphic Workshop Professional 12.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
Professional 11, we invite you to *upgrade to **Graphic Workshop
Professional 12* for half the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

The graphic of the woman with a digital camera is by Kurhan and is used
under license from StockFresh.

    GIF Construction Set 12 Revision 5

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

GIF Construction Set 12 has been updated.

In this release:

  * *Memory Leak:* A decidedly pernicious memory leak in GIF
    Construction Set's folder interface under some configurations of
    Windows has been stomped. Left to its own devices, it could crash
    the application.

    We'd like to urge all users of GIF Construction Set to update to
    this release as quickly as possible.

  * *WebP:* The WebP library interface has been improved. In addition,
    the current library version number can now be found in the Credits
    list of GIF Construction Set's About window. The current release is
    1.2.2.

  * *User Interface:* Updates a number of the more frequently used user
    interface windows, most notably with thumbnail frames to visually
    confirm that you're about to resize, flip, process or otherwise
    enhance the document you intended.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download GIF Construction Set 12.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for GIF Construction
Set 11, we invite you to *upgrade to **GIF Construction Set 12* for half
the single-user license price.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

The background of the banner graphic above, a detail from a picture by
Fabibel, is used under license from freeimages.com. The chess piece icon
for GIF Construction Set Professional was created by Eugen Buzuk of
icondrawer.com, and is used under license.

    e-Paint 12 Revision 4

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/paint.html>

e-Paint 12 has been updated.

In this release:

  * *Tool Palette:* The e-Paint tool palette window has been updated. A
    number of user interface items have been improved. The most notable
    of these is the sample brush window, with hitherto only displayed
    the left half of its brushes under some configurations of Windows.

  * *Drawing Engine:* The e-Paint drawing engine has been updated to
    improve its performance.

  * *Gradient:***The Gradient selection window that turns up in various
    places in e-Paint has been updated to address a problem that
    prevented the center coordinates of a gradient from being set to
    negative values under some configurations of Windows.**
    **
  * *Grid:* The Grid window now includes an actual-size example of your
    current grid setting, so you can see what it will really look like.

  * *Reset:* If you encounter configuration issues with e-Paint that
    defy reason and exhaust profanity, you can now return it to its
    "just installed" configuration state by holding down the Ctrl key on
    your keyboard and running it. You'll be prompted to confirm that
    you'd like to reset its configuration.

  * *Install:* An issue with the 64-bit installer for e-Paint that could
    cause it to install the application incorrectly under some
    configurations of Windows has been nailed.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download e-Paint 12.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/paint.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for e-Paint 11, we
invite you to *upgrade to **e-Paint 12* for half the single-user license
price.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

The banner graphic above, a detail from Girl with Tattoos, is by Sarah
Wissink, and is used under license from freeimages.com.

    About Upgrades

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/updatey.html>

Users of Graphic Workshop Professional 12 who install the current update
will see a message window offering a no-cost upgrade to the version 14
software, to be released this fall, if they upgrade now.

Much the same message will appear for this week's update to GIF
Construction Set 12.

As the in-application notification message window is by its nature a bit
terse, we wanted to explain this process in greater detail.

All Alchemy Mindworks' software includes our legendary upgrade policy.
If you register or update an existing registration any time in the half
year or so before we release a major upgrade,you'll be welcome to a free
upgrade to the next major release. That's "free" as in "no money down,
no interest or carrying charges and no payments until the end of time."

As we're well into the no-cost upgrade window for several of our
applications, you can upgrade now and enjoy a painless, cashless and
pretty much instantaneous upgrade to version 14 this fall... hence the
aforementioned message window.

We hasten to add that the foregoing also applies to users of any version
11 Alchemy Mindworks software, right now and up until the version 14
applications are released.

If you miss the upgrade window when you install the latest updates,
please visit our upgrade page
<http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>. Use the Software Upgrades
section of our e-commerce page to get the reduced price.

As someone will unquestionably ask, the major version number of our
software is poised to jump from 12, where it's at now, to 14 this fall
because our experience has shown us that a substantial number of our
users are uncomfortable installing anything with the number 13 in its
version. We're not here to judge.

Astute users of Graphic Workshop Professional 12 will have observed that
its revision number skipped revision 13 a few weeks ago, for just this
reason.

    Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

<http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

This message has been sent from an unmonitored address — please do not
reply to it.

To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your address,
please visit our newsletter management page or click on the Unsubscribe
button:

    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

Removal requests will be processed instantly.

If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks products,
please contact us or click on the button below:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville, ON
P1H 2J3, CANADA.

If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
probably blocking them. Please visit our blog for assistance with
resolving this issue.

The archive <http://www.mindworkshop.com/newsarchive.html> for this
newsletter includes access to earlier postings.

Follow us on:

	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>

Copyright © 1998 - 2022 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved. Use no
hooks.