[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

Alchemy Mindworks alchemy8147 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Jan 10 08:32:00 EST 2015

     Contents:

     1. e-Paint 5 Revision 4

     2. GIF Construction Set and PNG MNG Construction Set Animation Plugins
        Loops #1, Text Effects #5, Extreme Filters #1, Photo Effects #1,
        Animated Tiles #1 Updated (Second Notification)

     3. PayPal Versus Credit Cards - and a 10% Discount (Second Notification)

     4. Replying to this Message and List Removal

     Like a downloadable Adventure app for your tablet:

         http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/darkmatter.html

     1. e-Paint 5 Revision 4

     e-Paint 5 has been updated. This release:

     - Adds resizable File Open and Save As windows. You can now make them
       as big as the universe itself - if you have a larger-than-normal
       monitor - and they'll stay that way between sessions.

     - Fixes a number of problems with the Texture engine, some of which
       could crash e-Paint. The others just created really nasty textures.

     - Speeds up the e-Paint rendering engine for quicker screen updates
       and more responsive drawing.

     - Expands the Matrix tile library that installs with e-Paint.

     - Speeds up the Filters interface, which will help e-Paint boot in less
       time.

     - Improves the File menu thumbnails.

     - Improves the Shape engine.

     - Updates the validation logic to address some occasional hiccups that
       could manifest themselves during updates. You'll notice that it now
       displays an additional window after you complete the validation of
       this update. Fear not - it's a one shot deal.

     - Updates the documentation.

     You can download e-Paint 5 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/paint.html#download

     UPGRADES

     If you're still using e-Paint 4, we invite you to upgrade to the current
     software and enjoy all the new clock styles and enhanced functionality
     it offers.

     As of this writing, upgrades to e-Paint 5 are still available for half
     the single-user registration cost - $14.99.

     Please visit

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     to upgrade.

     2. GIF Construction Set and PNG MNG Construction Set Animation Plugins
        Loops #1, Text Effects #5, Extreme Filters #1, Photo Effects #1,
        Animated Tiles #1 Updated (Second Notification)

     The library of format plugins for GIF Construction Set Professional 5
     and PNG MNG Construction 5 has been updated. These releases:

     - Enjoy more sophisticated memory management to occupy a smaller memory
       footprint, resulting in better performance... especially on systems
       with slower processors, limited resources or lots and lots of other
       stuff happening.

     - Improve the animation rendering engine for quicker builds.

     - Improve the color management when the plugins are creating GIF
       animations, for nicer looking results.

     - Improve the plugin interface, so GIF Construction Set and PNG MNG
       Construction Set can do less thinking when they import the plugins,
       and as such, boot up in less time.

     - Implements our work-around for the Microsoft installer limitation
       that hitherto required each previous release of the plugins to be
       uninstalled before an update could be installed. These releases of
       the plugins can be installed right over the previous ones - they
       will in fact automatically uninstall the previous plugins as part
       of the install.

     The updated plugins are:

     Loops #1: Transform your digital video into professional micro-movies
     with special-effect end-loop transitions.

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/animplugins-lp1.html

     Text Effects #5: Turn your text into animations cool enough to shatter
     penguins. (We don't want to hear from the PETA people about this.)

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/animplugins-tx5.html

     Extreme Filters #1: Process your existing GIF and MNG animations to make
     them fracture reality, transcend human experience and play power chords
     on the neighbor's cat.

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/animplugins-fl1.html

     Photo Effects #1: Apply animated special effects to still photographs to
     make them impossible to ignore.

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/animplugins-fx1.html

     Animated Tiles #1: Build seamless animated backgrounds for your web
     pages and other on-line media.

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/animplugins-tl1.html

     The plugin updates are available at no cost to previously-registered
     users of these products. They're $19.99 each if you've yet to experience
     them.

     Click on the above links to download their installers.

     3. PayPal Versus Credit Cards - and a 10% Discount (Second Notification)

     We've received a number of e-mail messages of late asking about our
     payment options, most notably paying by PayPal. As these issues can get
     a bit nuanced - this being the new millennium word for "confusing" - we
     wanted to explain the details.

     We can accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express
     and PayPal. The first four options, all being credit cards, behave in
     pretty much the same way. PayPal is a bit different.

     If you'll be paying for our products using a credit card, you should
     know that:

     - The portion of our e-commerce page that collects your credit card
       information is hosted by our bank, rather than by ourselves. Your
       credit card number will remain on the bank's servers at all times,
       and no one else will ever see it - not even us.

     - Our bank is the Royal Bank of Canada, which has been in business
       since 1864, or three years longer than Canada itself has. As stable,
       trustworthy banks go, they have few equals.

     - Because you don't have to disclose your credit card information to
       anyone other than the bank, credit card transactions with Alchemy
       Mindworks are every bit as safe as transactions handled by PayPal.

     - You can select the NO SHIP option in the Delivery field of our
       credit card e-commerce page to pass on having a CD-ROM shipped to
       you for software purchases, and as such, to avoid any attendant
       shipping charges.

     If you'll be paying for our products with PayPal, you should know that:

     - Our agreement with PayPal requires us to ship physical products for
       all orders paid by PayPal - in the case of software, this would be an
       installation CD-ROM. As such, all PayPal orders will involve shipping
       charges.

     - Processing PayPal orders involves somewhat more manual intervention
       than do credit card orders, and as such, you may experience a slight
       delay before you receive your registration keys if we're swamped.

     While we're happy to offer PayPal as a payment options, it will prove
     slightly more expensive for users who don't need a backup CD-ROM. If
     you're one of them, please consider paying by plastic. It's no less
     secure, and we'd prefer to see your money stay in your pocket, rather
     than that of the post office.

     We'd also like to take this opportunity to note that as of this writing,
     our products are still priced in Canadian dollars. If you're located
     outside Canada, the US dollar equivalent will save you about 10 percent,
     based on the current exchange rate.

     4. Replying to this Message and List Removal
     address, please visit our web page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html

     Removal requests will be processed instantly.

     If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
     products, please contact us at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html

     You can contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by snail-mail
     at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel, Huntsville, ON P1H 2J3, CANADA.