[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

Alchemy Mindworks alchemyreply0991 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Dec 23 11:22:57 EST 2017

     Contents:

      1. GIF Construction Set Professional 8 Revision 3

      2. Announcing Voice Manager 8

      3. Announcing Font Wrangler 8 (Second Notification)

      4. 10 Monumental Tweets about Graphic Workshop Professional 8

      5. Are You Running Graphic Workshop 6, GIF Construction Set 6,
         e-Paint 6 or The Ultimate Screen Clock 6?

      6. Replying to this Message and List Removal

     We'd like to wish all the users of our software, the readers of
     Steven William Rimmer's books and the many peripatetic visitors to our
     web page who've subscribed to this list just because a joyous and
     wantonly indulgent holiday season.

     ...and as in years past, here's hoping you don't get any more socks.

     1. GIF Construction Set Professional 8 Revision 3

     GIF Construction Set Professional 8 has been updated. This release:

     - Improves the solid color selection buttons throughout the application
       with a quick palette selection window - just hold down the Shift key
       on your keyboard when you click to select a color to see it. There's a
       complete discussion of this window and how it interacts with the
       primary Colors window in the section of the Reference document that
       deals with Color Selection.

       The enhanced color selection features will also apply to the color
       buttons in any animation plugins hosted by GIF Construction Set.

     - Implements a number of performance improvements in Animation Wizard.

     - Fixes a bug in the PNG transparency reader.

     - Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
       developers never really stop meddling with.

     - Updates the documentation.

     You can download GIF Construction Set Professional 8 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html#download

     UPGRADES

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for GIF Construction Set
     Professional 7 , you can upgrade to GIF Construction Set Professional 8
     for half the cost of a new single-user license.

     Please visit:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     to upgrade.

     2. Announcing Voice Manager 8

     Voice Manager 8 has been released.

     We've refined the internal architecture of Voice Manager to make it
     faster, more memory-efficient and better able to take advantage of the
     functionality of Windows 7, 8 and 10.

     While most of the seriously cool changes embodied in Voice Manager
     8 are "under the hood," users of the latest release will notice that
     it's noticeably quicker, especially for functions that call for
     significant system resources.

     The updated architecture will also allow us to add new features to
     Voice Manager that were impractical or genuinely impossible under
     version 7.

     The Yamaha reface DX synthesizer is amazingly cool... among other
     things because its voices can be reprogrammed to make it sound like
     pretty much anything you can imagine.

     In the event that you're not feeling very imaginative, there's also a
     voice-sharing community from which to download buckets of fresh sounds
     for it.

     Alchemy Mindworks' Voice Manager will keep track of banks of
     synthesizer voices, allowing them to be saved as permanent disk files.
     It also embodies an intuitive voice editor, and numerous other tools
     to make this instrument totally rock.

     If you play keyboards, we invite you to check out Voice Manager.

     WHAT'S NEW

     The changes in version 8 include:

     - Hardens the library interface underlying Voice Manager to make it
       more resistant to tampering. Sadly, the tampering in question
       appears to originate with some third-party security applications...
       which our lawyers would really prefer we didn't name.

     - Updates a number of user-interface issues throughout the application.

     - Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
       developers never really stop meddling with.

     You can download Voice Manager 8 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/voxman.html#download

     3. Announcing Font Wrangler 8 (Second Notification)

     Font Wrangler 8 has been released.

     We've refined the internal architecture of Font Wrangler 8 to make it
     faster, more memory-efficient and better able to take advantage of the
     functionality of Windows 7, 8 and 10.

     While most of the seriously cool changes embodied in Font Wrangler 8
     are "under the hood," users of the latest release will notice that
     it's noticeably quicker, especially for functions that call for
     significant system resources, such as managing large libraries of
     fonts.

     The updated architecture will also allow us to add new features to
     Font Wrangler 8 that were impractical or genuinely
     impossible under version 7.

     WHAT'S NEW

     The changes in version 8 include:

     - Improves the solid color selection buttons throughout the application
       with a quick palette selection window - just hold down the Shift key
       on your keyboard when you click to select a color to see it. There's a
       complete discussion of this window and how it interacts with the
       primary Colors window in the section of the Reference document that
       deals with Color Selection.

     - Font Wrangler 8 will optionally import most of the configuration items
       of an existing Font Wrangler 7 installation, if there's one on your
       system, eliminating the need to restore your preferences by hand.

       It will also remove your earlier software for you if you like.

     - Hardens the library interface underlying Font Wrangler 8 to make it
       more resistant to tampering. Sadly, the tampering in question appears
       to originate with some third-party security applications... which our
       lawyers would really prefer we didn't name.

     - Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
       developers never really stop meddling with.

     - Updates the documentation.

     We'd like to take this opportunity to express our sincere regrets for
     the minor bump in the price of Font Wrangler 8. In our defense, it's
     been about a decade and a half since it last changed. Bookkeepers may
     not be the most irresistible force in the universe, but they are the
     most relentless.

     You can download Font Wrangler 8 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/fontrang.html#download

     UPGRADES

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Font Wrangler 7 on or
     after April 1, 2017, you’re welcome to a free upgrade to Font
     Wrangler 8.

     If you registered or upgraded a registration for Font Wrangler 7 prior
     to April 1, 2017, you can upgrade to Font Wrangler 8 for half the cost
     of a new single-user license.

     When you first run Font Wrangler 8, it will check to see if you have a
     registration for Font Wrangler 7 on your system. If it finds one, it
     will display a window to tell you which of the foregoing upgrade
     options is applicable. Click on the Upgrade button to visit our web
     page and request or order an upgrade.

     The upgrade window can subsequently be accessed through the Help >
     Upgrade Manager > Upgrade from Previous Version item of Screen Saver
     Construction Set 8's menu bar.

     You can also visit the no-cost upgrade page directly at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/fntkey.html

     and the upgrade order page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     4. 10 Monumental Tweets about Graphic Workshop Professional 8

     If you're among the tens of thousands of Graphic Workshop users who
     don't follow us on Twitter - we're in no way offended by this - you'll
     likely have missed the ongoing tweets that deal with often-overlooked
     features of the known universe's most popular image management
     software.

     Graphic Workshop Professional 7's ability to do practically everything
     that can be done to pictures makes it relatively easy to use it every
     day for years and still miss a few of its better tricks.

     Here are ten more of the finest features you never knew it had, fresh
     from the Alchemy Mindworks Twitter account:

     - The Black Threshold filter - turn anyone into a vampire in under ten
       clicks.

     - Create the smallest possible JPEGs with the MOZ plugin.

     - The Canvas Downpour filter - be the rain.

     - e-Paint UltraLight - complete digital darkroom, learning curve of a
       potted plant.

     - The Scrapbook - a Windows clipboard that never forgets.

     - Weary of this world? Create one of your own with Fractals and
       Textures.

     - The Adjust window - refine your photos effortlessly, never leave
       the sofa.

     - The Sepia and Vignette filters - olde-tyme photos in ten clicks or
       less.

     - Light up anything with the Neon filter.

     - Convert pretty much anything to a JPEG file.

     You can download a copy of Graphic Workshop Professional 8 from:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download

     If you're still using Graphic Workshop 7, we invite you to enjoy all
     the new functionality, enhanced performance and cool things to click
     on - for half the new-user registration price. Please see:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/upgrade.html

     See http://www.twitter.com/alchemymindwork to follow us on Twitter.

     5. Are You Running Graphic Workshop 6, GIF Construction Set 6,
        e-Paint 6 or The Ultimate Screen Clock 6?

     The half-price upgrade path from version 6 Alchemy Mindworks software
     will be closing in just over a week.

     At present, you can still upgrade your version 6 applications to
     their vastly cooler version 8 progeny for half price.

     Among other things, you'll enjoy:

     - Graphic Workshop's enhanced Filter window and Archive Manager.

     - e-Paint's equally enhanced Filter window.

     - GIF Construction Set's batch processor.

     - The Ultimate Screen Clock's amazing animated Tubes and Flip styles.

     Please visit:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html

     to upgrade to version 8 and save some cash.

     6. Replying to this Message and List Removal
     address, please visit our web page at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html

     Removal requests will be processed instantly.

     If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
     products, please contact us at:

         http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html

     You can contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by snail-mail
     at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel, Huntsville, ON P1H 2J3, CANADA.