[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply8750 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply8750 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Jun 2 10:34:02 EDT 2018

    Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
    http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )

          Contents:

     1. *Graphic Workshop Professional* 8 revision 8 (new this weekend)
     2. * The Ultimate Screen Clock* Revision 4(second notification)
     3. Farewell *Amercian Express* (and *Discover*)
     4. New *Download Server*(second notification)
     5.   Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

    <http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/lizardland.html>

        *Warning: Not guaranteed to remain fiction indefinitely.**
        *
        *(Click on the book.)

        * **

        Graphic Workshop Professional 8 Revision 8
        (new this weekend)

    Graphic Workshop Professional 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Fixes a bug in the shiny new PNG reader. Well this is
        embarrassing...

        The new PNG functionality in Graphic Workshop was creating
        graphics with erroneous color depths when it was asked to read
        alpha-channel PNG files in some circumstances, which could then
        not be written to other formats. A "too many colors" error was
        returned. This release fixes the problem.

      * Adds audible alerts to several additional functions around
        Graphic Workshop, most notably Save in View mode.

      * Suppresses the creation of thumbnails when saving to the Windows
        clipboard.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download>

          Upgrades

    If you have previously registered or upgraded to Graphic Workshop
    Professional 7, you can upgrade to Graphic Workshop Professional 8
    for half the cost of a new single-user license.

    Click on the huge blue button below.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        The Ultimate Screen Clock 8 Revision 4

    The Ultimate Screen Clock 8 has been updated. This release:

      * Adds the Copilot clock styles, a minimalist leading-edge
        Euro-tech chronograph from a secret research facility with no
        name, rated for velocities best measured as a fraction of the
        speed of light. Your mileage may vary. It comes in four colors,
        two sizes and all the available degrees of cool.

      * Updates the PNG and JPEG functionality.

        The Ultimate Screen Clock's graphic libraries have been updated
        to close several security holes. This will primarily be an issue
        for users who obtain clock styles as PNG graphics from sources
        other than Alchemy Mindworks... which we're told is a thing is
        some quarters.

      * Refines several performance issues in the clock rendering
        engine. One day it shall be flawless, but then the universe will
        end...

      * Nails a bug in the time difference logic that underlies the Days
        Until, Days Since and Days Between windows, and addresses
        potential errors of one day in their calculations, albeit only
        for fairly lengthy periods of time in certain weird
        permutations. They're bugs... they deserve to die.

      * Adds audible alerts for the conclusions of several functions
        throughout the application.

      * Updates the Credits window in Help → About. While every bit as
        exciting as watching bricks sleep, the Credits window includes
        information which is helpful in resolving support issues. The
        updated window is both easier to read and find things in, and it
        has allowed us to add more information to assist us in
        addressing user questions.

      * Updates UpToDate, which installs with The Ultimate Screen Clock.
        The new UpToDate features an expanded Alert window with larger,
        more easily-read type and a user-configurable font, just in case
        you'd like it larger still. It will also display
        content-specific graphics.

      * Adds assistance buttons to the initial registration key windows.
        Click on the question marks if you discover yourself to be lost.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download>

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/clock.html#download>

          Upgrades

    If you have previously registered or upgraded to The Ultimate Screen
    Clock 7, you can upgrade to The Ultimate Screen Clock 8 for half the
    cost of a new single-user license.

    Click on the huge blue button below.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Farewell American Express (and Discover)

    <https://www.mindworkshop.com/orderform.html>Due to the increasing
    costs of processing credit card transactions — and if we're being
    honest, because almost none of our customers seem to want to use
    them — we've discontinued accepting American Express and Discover
    credit cards at the Alchemy Mindworks e-commerce page and at our
    toll-free order desk.

    We'll continue to welcome Visa and Mastercard... likely until about
    a week after the sun goes nova.

    We sincerely hope this won't be a problem for any of the users of
    our products. In the event that you feel that we have fallen in with
    unclean spirits and or hastened the demise of civilized society,
    we'd welcome your feedback. Please click on the huge blue button below:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

        New Download Server

    We've moved one of our software download servers to Great Britain —
    the fabled land of quick Internet and insanely low bandwidth costs —
    to assist users in Europe who have experienced issues downloading
    our stuff in the past.

    We also recommend the new server to anyone in the colonies who's
    encountered problem with downloading from our primary US server.

    To access the UK server, click on the last of the DOWNLOAD buttons
    at our software pages — this will be DOWNLOAD 2 or DOWNLOAD 3,
    depending on where you are.

    The installers at our UK server are identical to the ones at our
    primary download links, and they're all updated simultaneously.

    The UK server is at _alchemy-mindworks.net_ , and it's shockingly
    fast. Note that it only serves software installers — pointing your
    web browser to this address will see it redirected to our primary
    web page.

    We'll be grateful for any feedback regarding your experiences with
    the new server. Please click on the huge blue button below:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

        Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

    This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do
    not reply to it.

    To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your
    address, please visit our web page at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the
    Unsubscribe button:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html>

    Removal requests will be processed instantly.

    If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
    products, please contact us at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or click on the
    button below:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

    You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
    snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel, Huntsville, ON P1H
    2J3, CANADA.

    If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
    probably blocking them. Please visit:

        http://blog.mindworkshop.com/alchemy-mindworks/graphics-in-update-list/

    for assistance with resolving this issue.

    Follow us on:

    	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>
    <https://www.facebook.com/alchemy.mindworks.5>

    Copyright (c) 1998 - 2018 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved.
    Use no hooks.