[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Apr 20 10:17:40 EDT 2019

    Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
    http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )

          Contents:

     1. * GIF Construction Set Professional 9 Revision 3
        *
     2. * Graphic Workshop Professional 9 Revision 10 **(second
        notification)*
     3. ***e-Paint 9 Revision 2 ***(second notification)****
     4. *Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details *

    <http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/dragonsbane.html>*
    /dragon/ [noun],*large, winged reptile alleged to be capable of
    breathing fire without having previously ingested an entire bottle
    of hot sauce.*

    Click on the book.***

        GIF Construction Set Professional 9 Revision 3

    GIF Construction Set Professional 9 has been updated. This release:

      * Updates the *JPEG functionality* in GIF Construction Set to be
        blindingly, shockingly *fast*... and possibly violate a few laws
        of physics.

        The new JPEG reader also addresses a number of potential
        *security holes* which could have allowed a maliciously-crafted
        JPG file to execute arbitrary code and compromise a computer
        running previous releases of GIF Construction Set .

        We urge everyone running GIF Construction Set to update to this
        release really, really soon — some time yesterday would be ideal.

        If you're running a version of GIF Construction Set *older than
        version 9*, please see the *Upgrades***section, below.

      * Updates the GIF Construction Set *image handling libraries* with
        our new anti-tampering logic to make them more secure and
        resistant to cyber-cretins.

      * Nails a bug that could cause the thumbnails in GIF Construction
        Set's document windows to be created incorrectly when an
        animation was generated by Animation Wizard.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

          Upgrades

    If you have registered or upgraded a registration for GIF
    Construction Set 8, we invite you to upgrade to GIF Construction Set
    9 for *half the current new-user price*.

    *Older software: *If you're running a registered older version of
    GIF Construction Set — GIF Construction Set 4 or better — we'd like
    to urge you in strongest possible terms to upgrade to version 9, so
    the security holes in the old JPEG reader don't risk letting the
    slime of the Internet access your computer.

    For the duration of this update cycle — for the next week, at least
    — we invite you to*upgrade to GIF Construction Set 9* for *half
    price*, even if the reduced-price upgrade window is no longer valid
    for your version.

    Just ignore the warning about upgrades only being applicable to
    version 8 and 9 at our e-commerce page — your GIF Construction Set
    upgrade order will be accepted.

    Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Graphic Workshop Professional 9 Revision 10  (second notification)

    *NOTE: *The initial release of Graphic Workshop Professional 9
    Revision 9 proved to have an obscure bug in its JPEG writer, which
    was fixed with a subsequent release, revision 10, about a day later.
    Please check Help → About for your installation of Graphic Workshop
    Professional 9. If you have revision 9 or earlier, you should
    download and install this update.

    Graphic Workshop Professional 9 has been updated. This release:

      *

        Updates the *JPEG functionality* in Graphic Workshop and its
        ancillary applications  to be blindingly, shockingly *fast*...
        and possibly violate a few laws of physics.

        The new JPEG reader also addresses a number of potential
        *security holes* which could have allowed a maliciously-crafted
        JPG file to execute arbitrary code and compromise a computer
        running previous releases of Graphic Workshop .

        We urge everyone running Graphic Workshop to update to this
        release really, really soon — some time yesterday would be ideal.

        If you're running a version of Graphic Workshop *older than
        version 9*, please see the *Upgrades* section, below.

        To enable the high-speed JPEG reader in an existing installation
        of Graphic Workshop Professional 9, click on the Gear button in
        the Graphic Workshop tool bar to open ts Setup window, select
        the Formats tab and set JPEG Processor in the lower right corner
        to *LibJPEG Turbo (fastest)*.

        There's a complete discussion of the available JPEG processors
        for Graphic Workshop in the Formats document of its manual, in
        the JPG section.

      * Updates the Graphic Workshop *image handling libraries* with our
        new anti-tampering logic to make them more secure and resistant
        to cyber-cretins.

      * Updates the *Welcome Wizard* to include a selection item for the
        JPEG processor for use with Graphic Workshop, and to fix a minor
        bug.

      * Updates the *EXIF Editor* to address several cosmetic issues.

      * Fixes a bug in the *View* *window* title bar which could cause
        it to display incorrect dimension values after using the Filters
        window.

      * Updates the documentation.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download>

          Upgrades

    If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic
    Workshop Professional 8, we invite you to upgrade to Graphic
    Workshop Professional 9 for *half the current new-user price*.

    *Older software: *If you're running a registered older version of
    Graphic Workshop — Graphic Workshop 4 or better — we'd like to urge
    you in strongest possible terms to upgrade to version 9, so the
    security holes in the old JPEG reader don't risk letting the slime
    of the Internet access your computer.

    For the duration of this update cycle — for the next week, at least
    — we invite you to*upgrade to Graphic Workshop Professional 9* for
    *half price*, even if the reduced-price upgrade window is no longer
    valid for your version.

    Just ignore the warning about upgrades only being applicable to
    version 8 and 9 at our e-commerce page — your Graphic Workshop
    upgrade order will be accepted.

    Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        e-Paint 9 Revision 2(second notification)

    e-Paint 9 has been updated. This release:

      * Updates the *JPEG functionality* in e-Paint to be blindingly,
        shockingly *fast*... and possibly violate a few laws of physics.

        The new JPEG reader also addresses a number of potential
        *security holes* which could have allowed a maliciously-crafted
        JPG file to execute arbitrary code and compromise a computer
        running previous releases of e-Paint .

        We urge everyone running e-Paint to update to this release
        really, really soon — some time yesterday would be ideal.

        If you're running a version of e-Paint *older than version 9*,
        please see the *Upgrades***section, below.

      * Updates the e-Paint *image handling libraries* with our new
        anti-tampering logic to make them more secure and resistant to
        cyber-cretins.

      * Fixes a bug in the Filters window Resize pane that occasionally
        estimated the size of a resized image incorrectly, depending on
        how the rounding errors fell.

      * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
        developers never really stop meddling with.

      * Updates the documentation.

    Click on the blue button to download e-Paint9.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/paint.html>

          Upgrades

    If you have registered or upgraded a registration for e-Paint 8, we
    invite you to upgrade to e-Paint 9 for *half the current new-user
    price*.

    *Older software: *If you're running a registered older version of
    e-Paint — e-Paint 4 or better — we'd like to urge you in strongest
    possible terms to upgrade to version 9, so the security holes in the
    old JPEG reader don't risk letting the slime of the Internet access
    your computer.

    For the duration of this update cycle — for the next week, at least
    — we invite you to*upgrade to e-Paint 9* for *half price*, even if
    the reduced-price upgrade window is no longer valid for your version.

    Just ignore the warning about upgrades only being applicable to
    version 8 and 9 at our e-commerce page — your e-Paint upgrade order
    will be accepted.

    Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

        Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

    This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do
    not reply to it.

    To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your
    address, please visit our web page at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the
    Unsubscribe button:

        <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

    Removal requests will be processed instantly.

    If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks
    products, please contact us at
    http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or click on the
    button below:

        <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

    You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
    snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville,
    ON P1H 2J3, CANADA.

    If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
    probably blocking them. Please visit:

        http://blog.mindworkshop.com/alchemy-mindworks/graphics-in-update-list/

    for assistance with resolving this issue.

    Follow us on:

    	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>
    <https://www.facebook.com/alchemy.mindworks.5>

    Copyright (c) 1998 - 2019 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved.
    Use no hooks.