[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Nov 23 10:22:54 EST 2019

***This is an automatic posting
  from the Alchemy Mindworks
Update Mailing List *

Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
<http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/928.html>.

        Contents:

 1. * Announcing Animation Workshop 10
    *
 2. * Announcing PNG MNG Construction Set 10* (second notification)**
 3. * Announcing GIF Construction Set Professional 10***(additional
    notification)**
 4. * Graphic Workshop Professional 10 Revision 2***(additional
    notification)**
 5. ***Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details
    *

*Sinisterly-black Friday could be way more fun.
* 	*<http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/legacy.html>*
*Click on the book.*

    Announcing Animation Workshop 10

We've enhanced functionality of Animation Workshop, built out its WebP
support for breathtaking true-color web page animations, improved its
performance and generally refined it to better get along with Windows
10. (We hasten to add that it still performs admirably under earlier
builds of Windows, all the way back to Windows XP, if you're feeling retro.)

Among the new features and enhancements to Animation Workshop 10, you'll
find that it:

  * Builds out the *WebP* support for Animation Workshop. You can now
    import still images from WebP documents, and import WebP animations.
    The WebP export functionality has been refined to create
    better-looking final animations. Should you be unfamiliar with WebP,
    it's a graphic document format created by Google to replace PNG, JPG
    and GIF. It offers lossless and lessy compression, true color
    imaging and full alpha transparency. Best of all, it's supported by
    all the current web browsers.

    There's an extensive discussion of WebP at our blog
    <http://blog.mindworkshop.com/animation/a-quick-introduction-to-webp-graphics-and-animations/>.

  * Updates the primary *JPEG library* used by Animation Workshop to the
    latest release. This addresses several potential security and image
    quality issues, and a few... albeit very obscure... bugs. We'd like
    to take this opportunity to stress the importance of keeping
    whatever reads JPG files on your computer up to date — there are
    unquestionably maliciously-crafted graphics in the wild that can
    crash older JPEG software and execute arbitrary, and potentially
    nasty, code on your computer.

  * Updates the *WebP* libraries to the latest software from Google, to
    create more attractive lossy files and otherwise improve reality as
    we know it.

  * Adds a hex field to the color selection windows, allowing colors to
    be copied and pasted between other applications... most notably,
    whatever you use to manage web pages.

  * Further enhances the sneakiness of the *validation logic* to reduce
    the likelihood of Animation Workshop un-registering itself and
    thereafter deciding that its key is already in use because Windows
    10 has silently updated something. Hopefully this one nails the
    problem until the end of time. Yes, we said that last year too, but
    Windows 10 proved to be sneakier than we'd anticipated.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

As in years past, when you run Animation Workshop 10 for the first time,
it will look for a previous installation of Animation Workshop 9 and
optionally *copy your existing configuration*, so you won't have to set
everything up by hand.

Click on the blue button to download Animation Workshop 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/animwork.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Animation Workshop
9 on or after May 1, 2019, you're welcome to a *no-cost upgrade* to
Animation Workshop 10.

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Animation Workshop
9 prior to May 1, 2019, we invite you to upgrade to Animation Workshop
10 for *half the current new-user price*.

The first time you run Animation Workshop 10, it will determine which
upgrade option applies to your license.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

You can access the no-cost upgrade page
<http://www.mindworkshop.com/anmkey.html> directly by clicking on the
foregoing link.

    Announcing PNG MNG Construction Set 10
    (second notification)

We've added new functionality to the world's most capable leading-edge
animator, improved its performance, and generally refined it to better
get along with Windows 10. (We hasten to add that it still performs
admirably under earlier builds of Windows, all the way back to Windows
XP, if you're feeling retro.)

Among the new features and enhancements to PNG MNG Construction Set 10,
you'll find that it:

  * Adds a window to create Photo Stack animations... an example of
    which can be seen to your right. Photo stacks will let you add your
    pictures, graphics, banners or other elements to your web page or
    social media as an animation that suggests a collection of paper
    photographs being dropped onto a table. If it were any cooler, it
    would be attracting polar bears... and you'd have bears in your
    house, which isn't wholly desirable.

  * Fixes an install issue that rendered the animation plugin installers
    incapable of finding PNG MNG Construction Set after a major upgrade
    under some configurations of windows.

  * Adds a hex field to the color selection windows, allowing colors to
    be copied and pasted between other applications... most notably,
    whatever you use to manage web pages.

  * Improves the Crop window to make it more responsive, and to fix
    several issues that caused its cursor to flash and generally make a
    nuisance if themselves.

  * Updates the primary *JPEG library* used by PNG MNG Construction Set
    to the latest release. This addresses several potential security and
    image quality issues, and a few... albeit very obscure... bugs. We'd
    like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of keeping
    whatever reads JPG files on your computer up to date — there are
    unquestionably maliciously-crafted graphics in the wild that can
    crash older JPEG software and execute arbitrary, and potentially
    nasty, code on your system.

  * Updates the *WebP* libraries to the latest software from Google, to
    create more attractive lossy files and otherwise improve reality as
    we know it.

  * Further enhances the sneakiness of the *validation logic* to reduce
    the likelihood of PNG MNG Construction Set un-registering itself and
    thereafter deciding that its key is already in use because Windows
    10 has silently updated something. Hopefully this one nails the
    problem until the end of time. Yes, we said that last year too, but
    Windows 10 proved to be sneakier than we'd anticipated.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download PNG MNG Construction Set 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/pngpro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for PNG MNG
Construction Set 9 on or after April 1, 2019, you're welcome to a
*no-cost upgrade* to PNG MNG Construction Set 10.

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for PNG MNG
Construction Set 9 prior to April 1, 2019, we invite you to upgrade to
PNG MNG Construction Set 10 for *half the current new-user price*.

The first time you run PNG MNG Construction Set 10, it will determine
which upgrade option applies to your license.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

You can access the no-cost upgrade page
<http://www.mindworkshop.com/pngkey.html> directly by clicking on the
foregoing link.

      Plugins

All the animation plugins for PNG MNG Construction Set have been
upgraded to run with PNG MNG Construction Set 10.

If you have registered one or more plugins for a previous release of PNG
MNG Construction Set, your existing registration keys are still valid.
You'll just need to download the version 10 installers for your plugins.

All the animation plugins are at:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/animplugins.html>

*
*

*IMPORTANT:* If you have plugins installed under GIF Construction Set 9
or PNG MNG Construction Set 9 and you plan to uninstall GIF Construction
Set 9 or PNG MNG Construction Set 9 to replace them with the new version
10 software, please be sure uninstall all your version 9 plugins, and
then uninstall GIF Construction Set 9 and PNG MNG Construction Set 9.

GIF Construction Set 10 will offer to automatically remove your old
plugins for you the first time it runs - go for it, as this will save
you lots of clicking later on.

We've also created a quick way to reinstall your plugins once you've
downloaded the version 10 installers. Please see the the plugin help
page <http://www.mindworkshop.com/animplugins-qa.html#0032> for assistance.

    Announcing GIF Construction Set Professional 10
    (additional notification)

We've added new functionality to the world's most widely-used web
animator, improved its performance, and generally refined it to better
get along with Windows 10. (We hasten to add that it still performs
admirably under earlier builds of Windows, all the way back to Windows
XP, if you're feeling retro.)

Among the new features and enhancements to GIF Construction Set
Professional 10, you'll find that it:

  * Adds a window to create Photo Stack animations... an example of
    which can be seen to your right. Photo stacks will let you add your
    pictures, graphics, banners or other elements to your web page or
    social media as an animation that suggests a collection of paper
    photographs being dropped onto a table. If it were any cooler, it
    would be attracting polar bears... and you'd have bears in your
    house, which isn't wholly desirable.

  * Fixes an install issue that rendered the animation plugin installers
    incapable of finding GIF Construction Set after a major upgrade
    under some configurations of windows.

  * Improves the Crop window to make it more responsive, and to fix
    several issues that caused its cursor to flash and generally make a
    nuisance if themselves.

  * Updates the primary *JPEG library* used by GIF Construction Set to
    the latest release. This addresses several potential security and
    image quality issues, and a few... albeit very obscure... bugs. We'd
    like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of keeping
    whatever reads JPG files on your computer up to date — there are
    unquestionably maliciously-crafted graphics in the wild that can
    crash older JPEG software and execute arbitrary, and potentially
    nasty, code on your system.

  * Updates the *WebP* libraries to the latest software from Google, to
    create more attractive lossy files and otherwise improve reality as
    we know it.

  * Further enhances the sneakiness of the *validation logic* to reduce
    the likelihood of GIF Construction Set un-registering itself and
    thereafter deciding that its key is already in use because Windows
    10 has silently updated something. Hopefully this one nails the
    problem until the end of time. Yes, we said that last year too, but
    Windows 10 proved to be sneakier than we'd anticipated.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download GIF Construction Set Professional 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for GIF Construction
Set Professional 9 on or after April 1, 2019, you're welcome to a
*no-cost upgrade* to GIF Construction Set Professional 10.

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for GIF Construction
Set Professional 9 prior to April 1, 2019, we invite you to upgrade to
GIF Construction Set Professional 10 for *half the current new-user price*.

The first time you run GIF Construction Set Professional 10, it will
determine which upgrade option applies to your license.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

You can access the no-cost upgrade page
<http://www.mindworkshop.com/gcskey.html> directly by clicking on the
foregoing link.

      Plugins

All the animation plugins for GIF Construction Set Professional have
been upgraded to run with GIF Construction Set Professional 10.

If you have registered one or more plugins for a previous release of GIF
[...]

Graphic Workshop Professional 10 has been updated. This release:

  * Accelerates the preferred Graphic Workshop JPEG processor to pretty
    much the speed of light. We were amazed... huge megapixel JPG files
    open before the echos of your mouse clicking have died away. You
    really have to see this one at work to properly appreciate it.

  * Addresses a number of issues in the Filters window user interface,
    most notably the cursors for the original and processed image windows.

  * Speeds up the WebP reader. It enjoys much the same performance boost
    as JPG.

  * Addresses a number of user-interface and cosmetic issues in the Crop
    window, including the demise of the dreaded flash cursors under the
    latest release of Windows 10.

  * Improves the appearance of the Halftone and Lightbox filters.

  * Fixes a bug in the controls of the Matt filter.

  * Addresses a number of other issues in the initial version 10 release.

*
 From the Initial release of Graphic Workshop Professional 10:*

We've added new functionality to the known universe's most popular image
management application, improved its performance, included several fresh
ancillary applications and generally refined it to better get along with
Windows 10. (We hasten to add that it still performs admirably under
earlier builds of Windows, all the way back to Windows XP, if you're
feeling retro.)

Among the new features and enhancements to Graphic Workshop Professional
10, you'll find that it:

  * Adds *Print Workshop*. Create hard copy of your pictures with
    precise size and positioning, down to the nearest hundredth of an
    inch (or of a centimeter). Effortless to configure, this is the
    ideal tool for creating photographs suitable for framing, flyers,
    handouts and other professional output on paper. It can even be
    configured to include trim lines and pre-press marks. Right-click on
    a graphic and select Print Workshop form the menu that appears.

  * Improves the speed of the Graphic Workshop browser windows
    with*predictive thumbnail caching*. Once a browser window has
    opened, Graphic Workshop will take its best guess at the thumbnails
    you're likely to scroll into view next and fetch them when you're
    not doing anything, pretty much eliminating any visible delay when
    you do get to them. It's the sort of thing only software developers
    could get excited about, but it works really well.

  * Adds a set of *CGI surface textures* to the Graphic Workshop
    Fractals and Textures window. Create convincing real-world surfaces,
    or build an exo-planet of your own devising. These things also look
    breathtaking when they appear in the Matt and Frame function of
    Graphic Workshop. A few examples of the limitless capabilities of
    these textures appears to your right... admittedly squeezed into
    some fairly restricted real estate.

  * Adds a batch mode to the *Identify Mystery Files* function of
    Graphic Workshop. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and
    select Identify Mystery Files from the File menu.

  * Adds *The UltraLight Screen Clock*. A simplified version of our
    immensely powerful and wildly popular Ultimate Screen Clock, The
    UltraLight Screen Clock will add your choice of sophisticated
    digital or analog clocks to your Windows desktop. It's cool enough
    to shatter penguins and have PETA people protesting outside your
    digs for a solid week.

  * Addresses a problem in*Icon Editor UltraLight* that could cause its
    drawing cursors to blink or flash for no apparent reason under some
    configurations of Windows.

  * <http://gra.mindworkshop.com/918-003.png>Adds a *Hexagon* filter to
    the View mode Filters window. Render your favorite pictures as a
    matrix of six-sided interlocking tiles. Channel your inner
    bee-keeper, harken back to the days of retro floor coverings or just
    do geometry because you can remember how. This one looks really cool
    when it's applied to high-resolution digital camera images. The
    example to your right is somewhat space-deprived — click on it to
    see a larger picture.

  * Adds the *Graphic Workshop Screen Saver*. Have your computer display
    your choice of pictures in a dynamic, animated slide show when your
    system is idle. Run in its native application mode, the Graphic
    Workshop Screen Saver also make a quick, accessible engine to
    display banners and advertisements on a large flat-screen monitor
    for retail environments.

  * Adds *Application Reset Blocker*. If you've been beset by Windows 10
    periodically flying into a panic and resetting most of the
    applications you've selected to open documents to Edge, Photos,
    Groove and so on, you can banish the "app caused a problem"
    notification with this intuitive tool. Be sure to read the Help for
    this application before you click on Go.

  * Updates the primary *JPEG library* used by Graphic Workshop to the
    latest release. This addresses several potential security and image
    quality issues, and a few... albeit very obscure... bugs. We'd like
    to take this opportunity to stress the importance of keeping
    whatever reads JPG files on your computer up to date — there are
    unquestionably maliciously-crafted graphics in the wild that can
    crash older JPEG software and execute arbitrary, and potentially
    nasty, code on your system.

  * Updates the *WebP* libraries to the latest software from Google, to
    create more attractive lossy files and otherwise improve reality as
    we know it.

  * Recognizes the*.jpeg* file extension as being valid JPEG files.

  * Adds a second *Pipes* style to the Textures and Filters window —
    thanks to everyone who e-mailed about the initial plumber's
    nightmare. Choose between the Industrial and Stainless Steel styles.

  * Updates the *TIFF* reader logic to correctly handle weird
    sixteen-bit gray-scale images correctly. There's always one more
    peculiar TIFF file.

  * Fixes a bug in the *Search* window that could allow it to be reduced
    in size sufficiently to obscure the Exit button under some
    configurations of Windows.

  * Further enhances the sneakiness of the *validation logic* to reduce
    the likelihood of Graphic Workshop un-registering itself and
    thereafter deciding that its key is already in use because Windows
    10 has silently updated something. Hopefully this one nails the
    problem until the end of time. Yes, we said that last year too, but
    Windows 10 proved to be sneakier than we'd anticipated.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

The *Graphic
Workshop*<http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwsprint.html>*Printed Reference*
has been revised for the version 10 software, and it includes sections
for all the new functionality. It's available through Amazon — there's a
link to it at the Graphic Workshop web page, and you can access it
through the Get The Graphic Workshop Printed Reference item of Graphic
Workshop's Help menu.

All the *Graphic Workshop plugins* have been upgraded to install in the
version 10 software. Note that if you're currently using an earlier
version of Graphic Workshop and its attendant plugins:

  * Be sure to uninstall the version 9 plugins before you install
    Graphic Workshop Professional 10. Failing this, Graphic Workshop
    Professional 10 should prompt you to do so automatically the first
    time you run it.

  * You'll need to download and install the new plugin installers to run
    under Graphic Workshop Professional 10.

If you're using a registered copy of the Graphic Workshop RAW Digital
Camera and Smartphone plugin for an earlier release of Graphic Workshop,
note that your existing registration key will work with the version 10
plugin — you won't have to buy it again.

As in years past, when you run Graphic Workshop Professional 10 for the
first time, it will look for a previous installation of Graphic Workshop
Professional 9 and optionally *copy your existing configuration*, so you
won't have to set everything up by hand. Even your open browser windows
will be preserved.

Click on the blue button to download Graphic Workshop Professional 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html#download>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
Professional 9 on or after April 1, 2019, you're welcome to a *no-cost
upgrade* to Graphic Workshop Professional 10.

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
Professional 9 prior to April 1, 2018, we invite you to upgrade to
Graphic Workshop Professional 10 for *half the current new-user price*.

The first time you run Graphic Workshop Professional 10, it will
determine which upgrade option applies to your license.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

You can access the no-cost upgrade page
<http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwskey.html> directly by clicking on the
foregoing link.

    Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do not
reply to it.

To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your address,
please visit our web page at
http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the Unsubscribe
button:

    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

Removal requests will be processed instantly.

If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks products,
please contact us at http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or
click on the button below:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville, ON
P1H 2J3, CANADA.

If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
probably blocking them. Please visit
http://blog.mindworkshop.com/alchemy-mindworks/graphics-in-update-list/
for assistance with resolving this issue.

Follow us on:

	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved. Use no
hooks.

,