[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Jan 18 10:21:56 EST 2020

***This is an automatic posting
  from the Alchemy Mindworks
Update Mailing List *

Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
<http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/936.html>.

        Contents:

 1. * GIF Construction Set Professional 10 Revision 3
    *
 2. * e-Paint 10 Revision 2 *(second notification)**
 3. * Graphic Workshop Professional 10 Revision 4 *(additional notification)
 4. * Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details
    *

*If you were shipwrecked on a deserted island with only one book, you'd
want it to be this one... as long as you arranged to be shipwrecked with
a comfortable chair... and perhaps some decent red wine... oh, and a
pair of slippers...**
* 	<http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/theorder.html>
*Click on the book.*

    GIF Construction Set Professional 10 Revision 3

GIF Construction Set 10 has been updated. This release:

  * Updates the *File menu* recent documents list to optionally fetch
    its thumbnails from the Windows thumbnail cache. This allows it to
    open way faster, even if the pictures being referenced are really,
    really big.

  * Updates the primary *PNG libraries* used by GIF Construction Set to
    the latest release. This addresses several potential security and
    image quality issues. We urge all the users of our software to keep
    it up to date and stay ahead of file vulnerabilities... there are
    some really bad people hiding under rocks as you read this, doing
    everything they can to ruin your day.

  * Speeds up *Animation Wizard*.

  * Further enhances the sneakiness of the *validation logic* to reduce
    the likelihood of GIF Construction Set un-registering itself and
    thereafter deciding that its key is already in use because Windows
    10 has silently updated something. Hopefully this one nails the
    problem until the end of time. Yes, we said that last year too, but
    Windows 10 proved to be sneakier than we'd anticipated.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download GIF Construction Set 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for GIF Construction
Set 9, we invite you to *upgrade to **GIF Construction Set**10* for half
the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    e-Paint 10 Revision 2

e-Paint 10 has been updated. This release:

  * Updates the *File menu* recent documents list to optionally fetch
    its thumbnails from the Windows thumbnail cache. This allows it to
    open way faster, and to banish forever the blue check mark graphics
    that indicated that the pictures being referenced were really,
    really big.

  * Updates the primary *PNG libraries* used by e-Paint to the latest
    release. This addresses several potential security and image quality
    issues. We urge all the users of our software to keep it up to date
    and stay ahead of file vulnerabilities... there are some really bad
    people hiding under rocks as you read this, doing everything they
    can to ruin your day.

  * Addresses several metrics issues in the *shape tool*. Yes, you sleep
    through high-school geometry at your peril.

  * Further enhances the sneakiness of the *validation logic* to reduce
    the likelihood of e-Paint un-registering itself and thereafter
    deciding that its key is already in use because Windows 10 has
    silently updated something. Hopefully this one nails the problem
    until the end of time. Yes, we said that last year too, but Windows
    10 proved to be sneakier than we'd anticipated.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download e-Paint 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/paint.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for e-Paint 9, we
invite you to *upgrade to **e-Paint 10* for half the single-user license
price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    Graphic Workshop Professional 10 Revision 4
    (second notification)

Graphic Workshop Professional 10 has been updated. This release:

  * Updates the primary *PNG libraries* used by Graphic Workshop and its
    ancillary applicationsto the latest release. This addresses several
    potential security and image quality issues. We urge all the users
    of our software to keep it up to date and stay ahead of file
    vulnerabilities... there are some really bad people hiding under
    rocks as you read this, doing everything they can to ruin your day.

  * Adds *EXIF support for PNG* files. You can view EXIF metadata stored
    in PNG graphics, remove it with the Secure EXIF option of the
    browser right-click menu and modify it using Graphic Workshop's
    amazing internal EXIF editor.

    You can also have EXIF metadata — such as your *camera settings and
    your GPS location* — preserved when you convert between JPG and PNG.
    See the section of the Graphic Workshop manual document that deals
    with EXIF for more about this.

  * Fixes a problem with *The UltraLight Screen Clock* that could cause
    a warning to be displayed when the clock started, depending on your
    build and configuration of Windows.

  * Addresses a problem with the file rename function of Graphic
    Workshop's browser windows, which hitherto refused to accept commas
    in some circumstances.

  * Updates *Archive Manager* to improve a number of user interface
    elements, and to correct several kind of embarrassing spelling errors.

  * Adds an option to Graphic Workshop's configuration to allow the
    image resizing filter used to display zoomed thumbnails to be
    specified — see
    *ThumbnailZoomFilter* in the Configuration document. If you use the
    Zoomed Thumbnail browser mode and you want to maximize its image
    quality, select a filter option that best suits the graphics you
    work with and the typical state of your eyes.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

If you haven't installed Graphic Workshop Professional 10 yet, you might
want to review a more extensive list of its new functionality and
enhancements <http://doc.mindworkshop.com/918.html>.

Click on the blue button to download Graphic Workshop Professional 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
Professional 9, we invite you to *upgrade to **Graphic Workshop
Professional 10* for half the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do not
reply to it.

To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your address,
please visit our web page at
http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the Unsubscribe
button:

    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

Removal requests will be processed instantly.

If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks products,
please contact us at http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or
click on the button below:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville, ON
P1H 2J3, CANADA.

If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
probably blocking them. Please visit
http://blog.mindworkshop.com/alchemy-mindworks/graphics-in-update-list/
for assistance with resolving this issue.

Follow us on:

	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved. Use no
hooks.