[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Feb 1 10:25:28 EST 2020

***This is an automatic posting
  from the Alchemy Mindworks
Update Mailing List *

Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
<http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/938.html>.

        Contents:

 1. * Graphic Workshop Professional 10 Revision 5*
 2. * Animation Workshop 10 Revision 2 *(second notification)
 3. * GIF Construction Set Professional 10 Revision 3 *(additional
    notification)
 4. * Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details
    *

*This is the best reason anyone's come up with for why time travel needs
to be impossible.* 	<http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/darkmatter.html>
*Click on the book.*

    Graphic Workshop Professional 10 Revision 5

Graphic Workshop Professional 10 has been updated. This release:

  * *JPEG Security:* Updates the primary JPG libraries used by Graphic
    Workshop and its ancillary applicationsto the latest release. This
    addresses a potential security issue. We urge all the users of our
    software to keep it up to date and stay ahead of file
    vulnerabilities... there are some really bad people hiding under
    rocks as you read this, doing everything they can to ruin your day.

  * *Quick Thumbnails:* Adds support for the Windows thumbnail cache,
    this being where Windows stores the thumbnails it uses in File
    Explorer. When Graphic Workshop creates thumbnails for graphics that
    Windows has previously cached, it can now do so at something
    approaching light speed by accessing the cache. It's impressive to
    watch.

    See the discussion of Thumbnails in the Graphic Workshop Reference
    document for more about this.

    This feature requires Windows 10.

  * *Zoomed Thumbnails:* Adds more support for the Windows thumbnail
    cache, in this case to Graphic Workshop's Zoomed Thumbnails display
    mode. By default, it will use cached Windows thumbnails in Zoomed
    mode, allowing for laser-sharp graphics.

    Especially if your eyesight isn't what it once was, you need to
    experience this one. Right-click in a Graphic Workshop browser,
    select Thumbnails from the sub-menu that appears and make sure Zoom
    Windows Thumbnails is enabled. Right click and select View Mode from
    the sub-menu that appears and select Zoomed Thumbnails.

    This feature requires Windows 10.

  * *Animated PNG:* Adds viewing support for animated PNG documents. If
    you double-click on one, it will play in Graphic Workshop's View
    window, much as do WebP and GIF animations. The animation that's
    bouncing around to your right — assuming that whatever you're using
    to read this posting supports animated PNG — is a suitable example.
    Right click on it and save it to try Graphic Workshop's animated PNG
    support.

    There's a more extensive discussion of animated PNGs at our blog
    <http://blog.mindworkshop.com/uncategorized/a-quick-introduction-to-animated-png/>.

  * *Image Libraries:* Updates all the image libraries used by Graphic
    Workshop's ancillary applications — e-Paint UltraLight, Montage, GIF
    Construction Set UltraLight and so on — to address a theoretical bug
    that could have introduced unwanted artifacts at the right edges of
    imported and saved graphics.

  * *Ripples Texture: *Adds Ripples to the Graphic Workshop Textures and
    Fractals window. Create a faint disturbance in a tranquil pond, or
    crank it up to maximum and visit an alternate universe during lunch.

  * *Paste:* Addresses an issue in the Paste From Clipboard item of
    Graphic Workshop's Edit menu that could cause it to select the
    discrete Save As window option even if it was configured not to.

  * *Multiple Select:* Improves the multiple image selection window to
    handle alpha graphics correctly.

  * *Progress Window:* Improves the Progress window so its scroll bar
    doesn't appear until a batch completes, which is both less
    distracting and slightly quicker.

  * *Alpha Backgrounds:* Improves the management of alpha backgrounds
    throughout the application, and adds a color button in Setup to set
    the default alpha background, for graphics that don't specify one.

  * *Performance:* Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

If you haven't installed Graphic Workshop Professional 10 yet, you might
want to review a more extensive list of its new functionality and
enhancements <http://doc.mindworkshop.com/918.html>.

Click on the blue button to download Graphic Workshop Professional 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
Professional 9, we invite you to *upgrade to **Graphic Workshop
Professional 10* for half the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

The bouncing ball animation was created and placed in the public domain
by Holger Will, and was released through Wikimedia Commons
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Animated_PNG_example_bouncing_beach_ball.png>.

    Animation Workshop 10 Revision 2

Animation Workshop 10 has been updated. This release:

  * Updates a number of user-interface items in the dialog windows in
    Animation Workshop.

  * Adds an Export to Animated PNG option. Animated PNG objects are
    true-color, leading edge animations that are supported by all the
    current mainstream web browsers. They feature millisecond-resolution
    timing, alpha transparency and modern image compression. You can use
    them ona web page just asyou would GIF animations, but with way more
    attractive results.

    In addition, if someone from a time warp does hit your page with an
    ancient or unusually weird browser, animated PNGs will look like
    traditional still-image PNGs — browsers that can't animate them will
    display the first frame as a still image.

    As an aside, if the bouncing ball animation, above, isn't actually
    bouncing, your web browser doesn't support animated PNG. In the
    event that your web browser is Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge,
    we hasten to observe that Microsoft's Edge Chromium browser, with
    full animated PNG support, will be rolling out any day now.

    There's a more extensive discussion of animated PNGs at our blog
    <http://blog.mindworkshop.com/uncategorized/a-quick-introduction-to-animated-png/>.

  * Updates the primary *PNG libraries* used by Animation Workshop to
    the latest release. This addresses several potential security and
    image quality issues. We urge all the users of our software to keep
    it up to date and stay ahead of file vulnerabilities... there are
    some really bad people hiding under rocks as you read this, doing
    everything they can to ruin your day.

  * Further enhances the sneakiness of the *validation logic* to reduce
    the likelihood of Animation Workshop un-registering itself and
    thereafter deciding that its key is already in use because Windows
    10 has silently updated something. Hopefully this one nails the
    problem until the end of time. Yes, we said that last year too, but
    Windows 10 proved to be sneakier than we'd anticipated.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download Animation Workshop 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/animwork.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Animation Workshop
9, we invite you to *upgrade to **Animation Workshop**10* for half the
single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

The bouncing ball animation was created and placed in the public domain
by Holger Will, and was released through Wikimedia Commons
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Animated_PNG_example_bouncing_beach_ball.png>.

    GIF Construction Set Professional 10 Revision 3
    (second notification)

GIF Construction Set 10 has been updated. This release:

  * Updates the *File menu* recent documents list to optionally fetch
    its thumbnails from the Windows thumbnail cache. This allows it to
    open way faster, even if the pictures being referenced are really,
    really big.

  * Updates the primary *PNG libraries* used by GIF Construction Set to
    the latest release. This addresses several potential security and
    image quality issues. We urge all the users of our software to keep
    it up to date and stay ahead of file vulnerabilities... there are
    some really bad people hiding under rocks as you read this, doing
    everything they can to ruin your day.

  * Speeds up *Animation Wizard*.

  * Further enhances the sneakiness of the *validation logic* to reduce
    the likelihood of GIF Construction Set un-registering itself and
    thereafter deciding that its key is already in use because Windows
    10 has silently updated something. Hopefully this one nails the
    problem until the end of time. Yes, we said that last year too, but
    Windows 10 proved to be sneakier than we'd anticipated.

  * Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that software
    developers never really stop meddling with.

  * Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download GIF Construction Set 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for GIF Construction
Set 9, we invite you to *upgrade to **GIF Construction Set**10* for half
the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do not
reply to it.

To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your address,
please visit our web page at
http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the Unsubscribe
button:

    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

Removal requests will be processed instantly.

If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks products,
please contact us at http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or
click on the button below:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville, ON
P1H 2J3, CANADA.

If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
probably blocking them. Please visit
http://blog.mindworkshop.com/alchemy-mindworks/graphics-in-update-list/
for assistance with resolving this issue.

Follow us on:

	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved. Use no
hooks.