[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Apr 4 10:24:04 EDT 2020

***This is an automatic posting
  from the Alchemy Mindworks
Update Mailing List *

Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
<http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/947.html>.

        Contents:

 1. ***Alpha Paint 10 Revision 3**
    *
 2. ***Graphic Workshop **Security***(second notification)
 3. *****Animation Workshop 10 Revision 3*****(second notification)
 4. *GIF Construction Set Professional 10 Revision 3*(additional
    notification)**
 5. *We're Open During COVID-19 *(second notification)
 6. * Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details
    *

***Return to the middle ages!
(Stuff was a lot cheaper then...)
* 	<http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/dragonsbane.html>
*Click on the book.*

    Alpha Paint 10 Revision 3

Alpha Paint 10 has been updated. Among its new and enhanced features are:

  * *Application Security:* Addresses a particularly stealthy and
    pernicious memory issue which afflicts the internal configuration
    logic and the themes used by Alpha Paint. Left to its own devices,
    this one could crash the application and potentially compromise your
    Windows security.

  * *PNG Security:* Updates the primary PNG libraries used by Alpha
    Paint to the latest release. This addresses several potential
    security and image quality issues. We urge all the users of our
    software to keep it up to date and stay ahead of file
    vulnerabilities... there are some really bad people hiding under
    rocks as you read this, doing everything they can to ruin your day.

  * *Image Libraries:* Updates all the image libraries used by Alpha
    Paint to address a theoretical bug that could have introduced
    unwanted artifacts at the right edges of its graphics.

  * *WebP:* Updates the WebP library to improve the appearance of images
    stored with lossy compression.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download Alpha Paint 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/alphap.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Alpha Paint 9, we
invite you to *upgrade to **Alpha Paint 10* for half the single-user
license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    Graphic Workshop Security (second notification)

Graphic Workshop Professional 10 enjoys seriously aggressive security
upgrades. Over the past few months, we've nailed a number of
vulnerabilities in its imaging libraries, in the application itself and
in the ancillary software that installs with it.

These have included updates to Graphic Workshop's JPG, PNG and WebP
readers, and lots of internal functionality.

There are some truly reprehensible people under some truly slimy rocks
that spend their mean little lives trying to compromise your computer,
steal your personal information and install malware, ransomware... and
probably a few 'wares we'd rather not know about.

Well-maintained software is your first line of defense against them.

*Check Your Version:* If you're currently running Graphic Workshop
Professional 10, please check its revision level in its Help → About
window. Should your installation be older than revision 6, we'd like to
urge you in the strongest possible terms to download and install the
latest release, and plug any outstanding security holes.

Just click on the DOWNLOAD NOW button, below.

*Older Workshops:* If you're using a version of Graphic Workshop earlier
than Graphic Workshop Professional 10, you're vulnerable to invasions
through maliciously-crafted graphic files that have been designed to
execute arbitrary code on your machine. We're pretty sure the "arbitrary
code" in question won't turn out to be the Windows Solitaire game.

*Reduced Price: *We'd like to offer anyone with a registered
installation of Graphic Workshop 4 through 9 the opportunity to upgrade
to Graphic Workshop Professional 10 for half the current single-user
license price. Doing so will:

  * Protect your computer from attacks.

  * Improve its performance when it's running Graphic Workshop.

  * Avail you of lots of new functionality.

  * Assist numerous cyber-cretins to find useful, rewarding alternate
    careers in pizza delivery and big-box retail services.

You can download an installer for Graphic Workshop Professional 10 by
clicking on the big blue button, below.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

*Upgrade: *Click on the Upgrade button to visit our Upgrade page and
enjoy all the security and leading-edge features of Graphic Workshop
Professional 10 for half the single-user license cost. Use the Software
Upgrades section of the page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

We hasten to add that you won't need your existing Graphic Workshop
registration key to upgrade — our ordering system will find you in our
customer database. If you encounter a message at the upgrade page to the
effect that upgrades are only available for users of our version 9 and
10 software, please ignore it. *

This extended half-price upgrade window begins at 12:00am EST on March
27, 2020 and will end at 11:59pm EST on April 12, 2020*.

    Animation Workshop 10 Revision 3(second notification)

Animation Workshop 10 has been updated. Among its new and enhanced
features are:

  * *Application Security:* Addresses a particularly stealthy and
    pernicious memory issue which afflicts the internal configuration
    logic and the themes used by Animation Workshop. Left to its own
    devices, this one could crash the application and potentially
    compromise your Windows security.

  * *PNG Security:* Updates the primary PNG libraries used by Animation
    Workshop to the latest release. This addresses several potential
    security and image quality issues. We urge all the users of our
    software to keep it up to date and stay ahead of file
    vulnerabilities... there are some really bad people hiding under
    rocks as you read this, doing everything they can to ruin your day.

  * *JPEG Security:* Updates the primary JPG libraries used by Animation
    Workshop to the latest release. This addresses a potential security
    issue.

  * *Image Libraries:* Updates all the image libraries used by Animation
    Workshop to address a theoretical bug that could have introduced
    unwanted artifacts at the right edges of its graphics.

  * *WebP:* Updates the WebP library to improve the appearance of
    complex animations stored with lossy compression.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download Animation Workshop 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/animwork.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Animation Workshop
9, we invite you to *upgrade to **Animation Workshop 10* for half the
single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    GIF Construction Set Professional 10 Revision 4(additional notification)

GIF Construction Set 10 has been updated. Among its new and enhanced
features are:

  * *Application Security:* Addresses a particularly stealthy and
    pernicious memory issue which afflicts the internal configuration
    logic and the themes used by GIF Construction Set. Left to its own
    devices, this one could crash the application and potentially
    compromise your Windows security.

  * *PNG Security:* Updates the primary PNG libraries used by GIF
    Construction Set to the latest release. This addresses several
    potential security and image quality issues. We urge all the users
    of our software to keep it up to date and stay ahead of file
    vulnerabilities... there are some really bad people hiding under
    rocks as you read this, doing everything they can to ruin your day.

  * *JPEG Security:* Updates the primary JPG libraries used by GIF
    Construction Set to the latest release. This addresses a potential
    security issue.

  * *Image Libraries:* Updates all the image libraries used by GIF
    Construction Set to address a theoretical bug that could have
    introduced unwanted artifacts at the right edges of its graphics.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download GIF Construction Set 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gifcon.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for GIF Construction
Set 9, we invite you to *upgrade to **GIF Construction Set 10* for half
the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    We're Open During COVID-19

As of this writing, we're open — albeit with lots of working from home —
and we have every intention of staying that way during the current
pandemic.

Our support staff remain ready to assist you with any questions about
our software.

Orders will be processed and registration keys dispatched as quickly as
possible.

Our telephones are being answered... mostly. If you call and you
encounter voice mail, please accept our apology. Leave us a message with
your name, your contact information and the reason for your call. We'll
get back to you as quickly as possible.

For the most timely response to support and customer service requests,
we recommend that you contact us through the support tab of our web page
— the following button will get you there.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy4.html>

Be well.

    Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

This message has been sent from an unmonitored address - please do not
reply to it.

To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your address,
please visit our web page at
http://www.mindworkshop.com/update-list.html or click on the Unsubscribe
button:

    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

Removal requests will be processed instantly.

If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks products,
please contact us at http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html or
click on the button below:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville, ON
P1H 2J3, CANADA.

If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
probably blocking them. Please visit
http://blog.mindworkshop.com/alchemy-mindworks/graphics-in-update-list/
for assistance with resolving this issue.

Follow us on:

	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved. Use no
hooks.