[Newsletter] Announcements from Alchemy Mindworks

alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com alchemyreply1753 at mindworkshop.com
Sat Jun 20 09:41:22 EDT 2020

***This is an automatic posting
  from the Alchemy Mindworks
Update Mailing List *

Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE
<http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>. (
http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter )
<http://doc.mindworkshop.com/958.html>.

        Contents:

 1. * Animation Workshop 10 Revision 4
    *
 2. * Graphic Workshop Professional Revision 8* (second notification)**
 3. * Alpha Paint 10 Revision 4***(additional notification)
 4. * Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details**
    *

*It wasn't called the "cold war" because everyone wore sweaters.
* 	<http://www.stevenwilliamrimmer.com/darkmatter.html>
*Click on the book.**
*

    Animation Workshop 10 Revision 4

Animation Workshop 10 has been updated. Among its new and enhanced
features are:

  * *Application Security:*In our continuing determination to ensure
    that Animation Workshop presents no opportunities for cybercretins
    to exploit, we've done a line-by-line review of its source code to
    find any potential buffer overruns. Several turned up. Now they're
    history.

  * *Graphic Libraries:* The libraries that open and save graphic files
    for Animation Workshop have been reviewed, line by line, until
    several programmers begged for a few days of differential calculus
    instead. They're now substantially more secure, and as such more
    resistant to malformed graphic files that have been crafted to
    install malware on your computer. They're also quicker and have
    smaller memory footprints.

    We urge all users of Animation Workshop to update to the current
    release and nail these vulnerabilities before they nail you.

  * *Help: *Fixes a number of misdirected links in the Help buttons
    around the application.

  * *Rendering Engine: *Improves the animation rendering engine, dealing
    with a few inconsistencies of object placement.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download Animation Workshop 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/animwork.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Animation Workshop
9, we invite you to *upgrade to **Animation Workshop 10* for half the
single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    Graphic Workshop Professional 10 Revision 8
    (second notification)

Graphic Workshop Professional 10 has been updated. Among its new and
updated features are:

  * *Graphic Libraries:* The libraries that open and save graphic files
    for Graphic Workshop's ancillary applications, such as Camera,
    e-Paint UltraLight, GIF Construction Set UltraLight, have been
    reviewed, line by line, until several programmers begged for a few
    days of differential calculus instead. They're now substantially
    more secure, and as such more resistant to malformed graphic files
    that have been crafted to install malware on your computer. They're
    also quicker and have smaller memory footprints.

    We urge all users of Graphic Workshop to update to the current
    release and nail these vulnerabilities before they nail you.

  * *Ancillary Application Security:*In our continuing determination to
    ensure that Graphic Workshop presents no opportunities for
    cybercretins to exploit, we've done a line-by-line review of its
    source code of all its ancillary applications, such as Camera,
    e-Paint UltraLight, GIF Construction Set UltraLight, to find any
    potential buffer overruns. Several turned up. Now they're history.

  * *JPE Association:* Adds a link to the list of associated file types
    to support JPE files, an alternate extension for JPG.

  * *Textures and Fractals:* Adds the
    Threads texture, a wildly ebullient procedural fractal that
    simulates complex surfaces as sequences of random twisted lines. You
    really need to see this puppy at work to truly appreciate how
    alternate-universe it can get.

    The example animation shown here, comprised of several example
    Threads textures, represents but a fraction of its capabilities.

  * *Animated GIF: *Addresses a number of performance and security
    issues in the animated GIF reader. It also fixes the status bar
    graph, so it behaves itself when an animated GIF document reads.

  * *e-Paint Tool Box: *Addresses a cosmetic bug in the e-Paint
    UltraLight tool box window, under some configurations of Windows.

  * *Crop menu:* Updates the Setup window to include an option to enable
    and disable the right-click menu in the Crop window.

  * *Performance:* Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

If you haven't installed Graphic Workshop Professional 10 yet, you might
want to review a more extensive list of its new functionality and
enhancements <http://doc.mindworkshop.com/918.html>.

Click on the blue button to download Graphic Workshop Professional 10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/gwspro.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Graphic Workshop
Professional 9, we invite you to *upgrade to **Graphic Workshop
Professional 10* for half the single-user license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    Alpha Paint 10 Revision 4 (additional notification)

Alpha Paint10 has been updated. Among its new and enhanced features are:

  * *Application Security:*In our continuing determination to ensure
    that Alpha Paint presents no opportunities for cybercretins to
    exploit, we've done a line-by-line review of its source code to find
    any potential buffer overruns. Several turned up. Now they're history.

  * *Graphic Libraries:* The libraries that open and save graphic files
    for Alpha Paint have been reviewed, line by line, until several
    programmers begged for a few days of differential calculus instead.
    They're now substantially more secure, and as such more resistant to
    malformed graphic files that have been crafted to install malware on
    your computer. They're also quicker and have smaller memory footprints.

    We urge all users of Alpha Paint to update to the current release
    and nail these vulnerabilities before they nail you.

  * *Tool Box: *Addresses a cosmetic bug in the tool box window, under
    some configurations of Windows.

  * *Help: *Fixes a number of misdirected links in the Help buttons
    around the application.

  * *Performance: *Addresses a number of GDI and performance issues that
    software developers never really stop meddling with.

  * *Documentation:* Updates the documentation.

Click on the blue button to download Alpha Paint10.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/alphap.html>

      Upgrades

If you have registered or upgraded a registration for Alpha Paint 9, we
invite you to *upgrade to **Alpha Paint 10* for half the single-user
license price.

Click on the blue button below to visit the upgrade page.

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/upgrade.html>

    Replying to this Message, List Removal and Details

This message has been sent from an unmonitored address — please do not
reply to it.

To remove your address from this mailing list or to change your address,
please visit our newsletter management page or click on the Unsubscribe
button:

    <http://mindworkshop.com/mailman/options/newsletter>

Removal requests will be processed instantly.

If you have questions about this list or any Alchemy Mindworks products,
please contact us or click on the button below:

    <http://www.mindworkshop.com/email-alchemy.html>

You can also contact us by telephone at (705) 789-5238, and by
snail-mail at Alchemy Mindworks, L10 C8 Brunel Box 11, Huntsville, ON
P1H 2J3, CANADA.

If you don't see any graphics in this message, your mail reader is
probably blocking them. Please visit our blog for assistance with
resolving this issue.

The archive <http://www.mindworkshop.com/newsarchive.html> for this
newsletter includes access to earlier postings.

Follow us on:

	<https://twitter.com/AlchemyMindwork>

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Alchemy Mindworks. All rights reserved. Use no
hooks.